How do I get rid of all apps and games@

Redcar Bear

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
I was given a new phone over 2 years ago and still am struggling to make sense of it (I havent been able to make a call yet) I just go back to my old faithful Samsung flip phone with workable keys.

How can I get rid of the junk on the phone, all I want is to make voice calls and text.
i have a 26 ins monitor on my home desktop I dont need this junk on such a small screen.

Sorry for making it a bit of a rant but I'm pulling my hair out over this.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I've signed up and logged in but I dont see my user name at the top of this page so not sure if its all ok.
Thanks for registering and welcome to the forums. Which phone do you have? You can change the icons on your main screen and keep only the ones that you really need, like the dialer to make calls, the texting app or even create direct dial shortcuts for your most used contacts.

This way you don't need to worry about what else is installed in your phone and just have quick access to the apps that you use.

Redcar Bear

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
Thanks Javier P, My phone is a Alcatel Pixi 4. Within seconds of switching on and the apps have "loaded" the screen goes blank giving no time to work out what to touch. The triangle, circle and square at the bottom of the phone dont seem to do anything when pressed except for a faint vibration sound. The bottom left of the screen says "Safe mode"? The battery % is also a concern it drops by the minute I cant see it lasting more than a day unlike my flip phone that lasted around 3 weeks+ without a charge. I am tempted to bin the phone but as it was a gift I am reluctant to do that.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Javier P, My phone is a Alcatel Pixi 4. Within seconds of switching on and the apps have "loaded" the screen goes blank giving no time to work out what to touch. The triangle, circle and square at the bottom of the phone dont seem to do anything when pressed except for a faint vibration sound. The bottom left of the screen says "Safe mode"? The battery % is also a concern it drops by the minute I cant see it lasting more than a day unlike my flip phone that lasted around 3 weeks+ without a charge. I am tempted to bin the phone but as it was a gift I am reluctant to do that.
Screen going black. That depends on your settings. Go to settings - display - sleep and select 1 minute, in most phones the default is 30 seconds.

Safe Mode. This mode disables temporarily all third party apps that didn't come preinstalled in the phone. To exit safe mode you just need to restart the phone (press & hold the Power button for a second or two and then select Restart).

Battery. Smartphones will never last that much. You could improve the battery life with a few tricks but in general you won't get more that 1-2 days on a single charge.

PeaCelGames

Sep 12, 2019
Visit site
Yep. But I am a game developer instead of a phone developer. I can give you some suggestions about game development suggestions.

In my opinion, you can try to restore the phone to factory settings. I don't know whether it is workable for you or not. But please have a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT