How do I know is my Samsung Galaxy S3 I747 is rooted and how do I know what version of KitKat I can upgrade to?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S3 I747 Android 4.1.1 upgrade to KitKat 4.4

Hello, I have a samsung galaxy s3 SGH-I747 model from AT&T that has been unlocked.
It's baseband version is I747UCDLK3. I bought it on ebay and I'm not sure if it has been rooted or not. I want to upgrade the current Android version 4.1.1 to KitKat 4.4 but can not connect to AT&T's automatic update server since I am with another service provider. I'm not into this kind of material but I have been reading online forums about how to proceed with upgrade methodes. So my question is, how do I know if the phone has been rooted and how do I know what version of KitKat 4.4 I can upgrade to? In case I upgrade to KitKat 4.4, my phone still will be unlocked? I appreciate any helpful information. Thanks Guys!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 I747 Android 4.1.1 upgrade to KitKat 4.4

So my question is, how do I know if the phone has been rooted
It wouldn't matter, since you're going to install a 4.4 ROM - if that's rooted it is, if it's not it's not. (It's the ROM that's rooted, not the phone itself.)

and how do I know what version of KitKat 4.4 I can upgrade to?
The latest version on Sammobile is 4.1.1, so you'll have to look around AT&T, Rogers, Bell, Telus Samsung Galaxy S III - XDA Forums for a ROM (the General, Q&A or Development subforums). If there's one posted for the AT&T version, you can update to it.

In case I upgrade to KitKat 4.4, my phone still will be unlocked?
Yes, locking has nothing to do with flashing a ROM.

See [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN if you find a ROM you can flash with Odin. It's complete instructions including screen shots (and a download link to the latest version of Odin).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya