How do I stop my emails being auto deleted?

gerretw

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
If only it was that easy. I spent an hour yesterday and another half an hour today at Verizon store with their tech guys and they can't find any way to reset it on yahoo mail app. So the plan is, after I call HTC tech support, to delete the app off my phone and see if it still happens, to determine if it's the desk top or the app that's causing the problem. G

sporty87

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Jola,
I did what you say and followed it to a tee.I checked leave a copy of message on server then OK. I then closed outlook but when I return it is unchecked again. I then put a time limit of 30 days with leave on server checked and the clicked OK but once again when I return to advanced settings they are both unchecked again. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

gerretw

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
it appears my email was hacked - when I changed the password and reset it so the password would have to be re-entered each day it appears to be fixed. Nasty business.

GODisaRefuge4Us

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
CropperCapture[1].jpg
Same problem when using the native Email app that comes with my Anrdoid phone (the app name is just "Email"; see image above). I use gmail, so my solution may only apply to gmail users.

I found the answer here:
Read Gmail messages on other email clients using POP

After visiting that link, scroll down to the "Troubleshoot problems" area, and click on "I want to download emails on multiple email clients". There is a #1 and #2 in that section, but I only needed to do #1.

In case that link breaks in the future, here is what I did:
When creating a new account in the Email app, add "recent:" in front of your email address like this:
recent:example@gmail.com

When I do this, my emails are NOT deleted from the server, which means that I can still use Outlook on my desktop PC to get my emails like normal.

FYI:
In the Email app "Incoming settings", I do have "delete email from server" set to never, but the app still deletes email from the server. Adding "recent:" in front of my email address during account setup as described above solved the problem for me.

My gmail settings for POP are set to "delete gmail's copy" when messages are accessed using POP.

I prefer to use the native Email app, since I only casually check emails with my phone; it's not my main way of emailing. Also, using it means I don't need to download yet another app, and one less app that needs to keep updating itself.

Last edited:

ozzman59

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Kewlness, then they're not being deleted, they're just not being synced to your phone. To change the sync settings, open your email then press the menu button (bottom left corner of your phone, looks like two horizontal lines with a half a box around them). That will bring up a menu. From that menu press Settings. From the next menu, touch on the email account you want to change. That will bring up another menu where about half way down will be a setting where you can set how many/weeks you want to sync email. This controls how long the email remains on your phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, the biggest beast on the block.

Thank You! Worked perfect

Jonny Rocket

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys

I am using the stock email app and my emails seem to get deleted without me deleting them! how do Istop that I have looked in the email settings but I can't seem to find the setting for this, any ideas?

Thanks

Go to stock email app, tap the triple horrizontal lines on the top left hand side of the phone, tap the gear at the top right hand side of the drop down menu, select the email in question, scroll down to fin "Period to sync Email" select that, select the amount of time you wish your email to stick around. And you're good to go.