How do I stop my Samsung Galaxy Ace from sending all calls to voicemail?

A

AC Question

My phone will be working fine and suddenly all calls are forwarded to voicemail without ringing. The calls do not show up in the call log, no missed call, call log is empty and Airplane mode is off. I don't use call forwarding or blocking. If I power off and turn the phone back on it will ring and work normally but call log is still empty. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a rouge app. Are you using a third party dialer, any after market voicemail apps, battery saver, or memory saver apps? First thing I'd do is open your app drawer, upper left corner, sort by recent and start with the first 5 apps that appear. Go back to the Play Store and see what the reviews are on them. Check the 1 & 2 star reviews and see if anyone else is complaining about similar problems. Post what you find and we'll go from there.

Posted via the Android Central App

disneydean

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Thank You a MILLION times over for the answer!!! I found that app "Call Detector" was the culprit... After adding the app it did an update I was unaware of the added the ability to block calls, block texts, make calls, send texts and use my camera which I did not agree to when installing the app and it didn't ask me any "PERMISSIONS" when the app was updated. That's scary that they can do that all with your phone and without your permission!!! I hope this helps others and would advise people to not install that app. I would not use any apps that don't come on the Samsung phone requiring that you virtually agree to turn you phone over for them to use any way they desire!!! Thanks again for the help!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
No problem. I'm very happy you found it. For you and anyone else finding this thread my advice to all users is this; 1 Never install any so that's less than 3.5 stars or that has just as many 1 star reviews as 5 star. 2 Always read at least the last 5+ one and two star reviews. 5 star reviews can be faked but no dev fakes low reviews and often there are very good reasons for low reviews. 3 Never get in on the ground floor. New apps are untested and should be untrusted. Let other less informed users be the guinea pigs and wait for their reviews. New apps with high reviews are usually untrustworthy. Wait until an app has at least 10k downloads and then see rules 1 & 2. Rule number 4, the last but probably most difficult to know if you're doing the right thing or not, but always pay attention to the permissions. Camera apps that need internet access our games that need location information don't make sense. If you question it, Google it.

Posted via the Android Central App