How do we turn off the Amber Alert notifications?

SatyrosJ

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
So annoying as hell! Can't figure out how to turn mine off completley on the Android ZTE V768. Even if the phone is set to vibrate the loud jarring sound still blares. Woke me up during my nap damn it!

SatyrosJ

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I get them in the small town of Abilene, TX and it's annoying as hell and has nothing to do with me! I don't get them in LA... tmi!

tee452

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for this thread. I actually didnt mind the alerts until tonight. 7 alerts waking me out of a dead sleep. 4 were pushed at once and I couldnt get the blasted phone to stop shouting until I cleared them all. Then in my sleepy stupor, I couldnt figure out how to turn off the alerts. I have disabled the stock message app and they still came through on it. This reeeeeally needs to be addressed, but until it is, thanks again.

Gerry Fox

May 20, 2015
Visit site
What good can I do my leaving it on? I'm 80 years old, go two miles to Walmart once a month and three miles to doctor when I have to. I live in the woods and hardly even see passing traffic. I can just barely help myself and sure can't help anyone else so the alarm does no good here.

bsjstk

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I have an Xperia Z3 with android v502 on ATT. Sony/Att do not know where the option to turn this amber alert or emergency alert off. I went through this whole thread, I may have missed some, but mostly are just opinions and some do point to where to turn it off. However nothing I can use for my phone.

so how do I turn it off for my phone.

Elizarie

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Click on Apps and find the one called Emergency Alerts. It's icon is an orange triangle with a white exclamation point in it. Open it and press the menu button. Press Settings then turn off the alerts you want.

wrdennig

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
In Galaxy Note 5, go to Messages, tap "More", tap "Settings", tap "Emergency Alert Settings", tap Emergency alerts. Make changes here.

Rod_KC

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I read a lot of different steps that didn't match my phone. On my LG Escape 2 Android Version 5.1.1 I found the place to turn them off here :
Settings >>Networks tab>>Tethering and Networks>>Emergency Alerts.
For me this is a blank screen with the message that issued alerts will appear on this screen.
Click the 3 dots at the top and it opens a Settings tab. Click that and there are the check boxes for the different alerts you can turn off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d