How is 5.1 treating sprint users?

T Schott

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Just received the update last night - can't say that I've noticed any difference - yet. Haven't found any additional features or that it's faster or the battery life is significantly changed. The update seemed to require several reboots and took about an hour and a half to complete... I'd highly recommend putting your phone on a charger while this is being done. Of course, follow the OS update with trips to the App Store(s) to check for those updates as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Curious to know how good is note edge with 5.1. Any improvements in memory management and battery? .

I haven't had battery issues since day one but I do prefer Kit Kat.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

neoberry99

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm here. Lol. So far so good. I thought I read somewhere that with the he new update the icons in the settings are suppose to be animated? Besides that....everythings seems to be A1. This phone is definitely worth keeping around for the next 2-3 years I think.

Daina Marie

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Oh wow! Mine updated in about 15 minutes! Maybe because my home wifi is fast? I have a Sprint phone & Cox Communications Internet. No problems but my Edge often has 'temp too high' messages. I have a 'boost & clean, battery optimizer' app that closes apps & it seems to stop the problem but it's often. It was a large-file update but it didn't seem to take away any storage, so maybe it just replaced the last update. I haven't seen any real difference from L 5.01 yet. I haven't even figured out all of the features the phone has yet though. I see people complaining on Google Play that since their phones updated to Lollipop this or that app freezes, closes, black screen...I feel fortunate to not have those issues. I'm just a happy phone canper all around. 😊

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure that is only non-touchwiz style phones...

As far as how 5.1 has been treating me, did it early Wednesday morning and haven't dropped a call yet. That was by far the largest nuisance with the previous versions, so much so that I started using my note 3 for phone calls...

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
This update SUCKS for me. Lagging like crazy especially with that new screen on effect and messaging is locking up on me. PLUS im not getting notifications on the edge anymore. Did a factory reset and that fixed the notifications for about 10 minutes and then they stopped working on the edge again. Lag is slightly better but is still bad. Battery life is just about the same though, but it was not stellar for me to start with.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
This update SUCKS for me. Lagging like crazy especially with that new screen on effect and messaging is locking up on me. PLUS im not getting notifications on the edge anymore. Did a factory reset and that fixed the notifications for about 10 minutes and then they stopped working on the edge again. Lag is slightly better but is still bad. Battery life is just about the same though, but it was not stellar for me to start with.
If it's still poor after a factory reset, I'd suggest getting the hardware checked out...

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

neoberry99

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

With the update I notice my weather app wasn't working properly on the edge. Uninstaled and reinstall worked for me

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Since my first post the issues have improved dramatically. I just did a bunch of restarts. The notifications started working again randomly and i havent noticed any lag besides the new screen animaton that only seems to give me trouble when the phone is plugged in. The screen also flicks on again sometimes right after i lock the phone, but oh well. At least the phone is working like it used to! I guess the moral of the story is to just give it time.... :)

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Of course the notifications stopped working again. I noticed that the orange preview flashed on the edge even when the phone was locked, so i restarted the phone and now they dont work at all. But even when they do work they dont work like they should and defeat the purpose of hiding content on the lock screen.

I tried starting in safe mode but it doesnt seem that works either. All my apps were still available and i opened them despite it saying "safe mode" in the lower left.

Why is it only me whose phone was screwed by this update?! Maybe another factory reset will help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD