How is Email handled compared to Blackberry

espresso1967

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Considering picking up the Note 3 as I just bought one for my wife and it's impressive. I have not had much time to play with it but wanted to know how it handles email. I have been a blackberry user from the beginning and currently have a 9900 and Z10. I like how my 9900 handles my business emails off BIS. I like to clear out my email sometimes off the phone but want to leave it on the server if it is important. I mainly use Hotmail and have about 3 accounts. Does email get pushed quickly on the note 3? Any info would be greatly appreciated. New to Android

Linh321

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't think anyone else does email better than BlackBerry enterprise service period! Especially when your work is rely on email constantly pushing to you with the latest update and security! But as a consumer it really don't matter much if you're on any platform and use free service. However it get the task done with email too.

Posted via Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have several Hotmail accounts and several gmail accounts plus several business website email accounts and they are are pushed immediately through the 3rd party email app I use because I chose to have it do so.. In my experience most email programs including the stock ones in Android push email exactly as you instruct the program to do so. Anywhere from immediately to one a day or more. You get the option to choose.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm not going to lie. Email is the one thing that blackberry had going for them until they got rid of the noc...

Sent from my gameboy color

RockyMehta

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
If you use exchange active sync based accounts like most corporate email, live hotmail outlook.com etc. you will find it to be better than BlackBerry. You deal directly with your mail server. With BlackBerry you have their servers that have to relay it to you. That's one of the reasons in the past all BlackBerry email would go down in areas regardless of who provided your email service.

In the days when everyone used POP it was Good to have blackberry provide the push service but with most major services using exchange
active sync or something similar they are actually an hindrance.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have two hotmail accounts and a gmail account that I use solely for the PlayStore and Lookout app. The stock email app is horrific and doesn't receive emails automatically (has to be manually refreshed). I had to download the Outlook app to start getting pushed emails. They're timely as well. As for how the app syncs with your email as far as deleting goes, I have mine set up to delete when I delete from my phone. I don't see an option to change that now, but when you set up your emails, it may be in those initial settings.

RockyMehta

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
BeRich

I am using a hotmail account with the stock email app and it provides push email. Just make sure it is setup as a exchange sync account not POP or IMAP.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
BeRich

I am using a hotmail account with the stock email app and it provides push email. Just make sure it is setup as a exchange sync account not POP or IMAP.

I already tried all that stuff with the settings, and doing battery pulls, believe me. I exhausted every effort to get the stock email app working. Which is why I have the Outlook app now. Maybe the most recent update fixed the issue, but I'm too irritated and fed up with the stock app to even bother.

RockyMehta

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why this is so hit and miss.

I just tried setting up my wife's account on a new Nexus 5 and have the same issue as you do. Yet it works fine on my Note 3.

At least the outlook app works well.

I will post if I find a solution to using the stock app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiny_2084