How is Nougat so far?

paulwallace1234

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
Can someone post something other than 'battery life' on Nougat ? This is like the term 'battery life' itself would be ashamed & afraid of how much times it gets poked by everyone on forums :D
'Doze-on-the-go' was not the only feature of Nougat, I suppose. Battery needs some days to settle in, IMHO).

Err, well

Split screen is a bit dodgy on Landscape, having two side by side then expanding one to its full size seems to take a while especially on Play music and it literally jumps like it's Transition Effect has failed looking generally bad.

I wouldn't mind a way to swap the two windows around as well,

Not had this phone long but it does seem to warm up quickly, probably just my metal device body

New notifications style is nice and works well, I've grown into it; although I do wish I could edit the new Quick toggle switches,

Better camera settings layout I do like, less buried in a million sub pages,

But, no dark theme again and had to bodge to get the Night Mode toggle, it's killing my (yes) battery life, 5.7 inch AMOLED and all that

TrackFan

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I am brand new to Nexus 6P and only used 6.0.1 for a few weeks before forcing an upgrade to Nougat but I find pretty much zero difference. Battery life is acceptable (don't notice a difference in Nougat, it's at least as good or better than in Marshmallow). I don't use split screen as I need all the screen real estate I can get with a single app at a time. My eyes are not what they used to be. Sorry for such an unintereting review but it does say something .... they didn't break anything with Nougat and I certainly don't wish I could go back to Marshmallow. Take this for what it's worth (next to nothing!).
BTW, regarding the 'Night Mode and Dark Theme desire .... I use Nova launcher to get rid of that idiotic Google bar at the top of the screen as well as a couple of photos from the NASA app as my lock screen and wallpaper. They are almost completely black and so I figure they must use less power for the screen. As well I have ZERO app icons on my home screen and ZERO icons on that bar at the bottom of the home screen. I slide left when I want to make use of a common app. Less common apps I just grab from the list. Works for me.

paulwallace1234

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
I am brand new to Nexus 6P and only used 6.0.1 for a few weeks before forcing an upgrade to Nougat but I find pretty much zero difference. Battery life is acceptable (don't notice a difference in Nougat, it's at least as good or better than in Marshmallow). I don't use split screen as I need all the screen real estate I can get with a single app at a time. My eyes are not what they used to be. Sorry for such an unintereting review but it does say something .... they didn't break anything with Nougat and I certainly don't wish I could go back to Marshmallow. Take this for what it's worth (next to nothing!).
BTW, regarding the 'Night Mode and Dark Theme desire .... I use Nova launcher to get rid of that idiotic Google bar at the top of the screen as well as a couple of photos from the NASA app as my lock screen and wallpaper. They are almost completely black and so I figure they must use less power for the screen. As well I have ZERO app icons on my home screen and ZERO icons on that bar at the bottom of the home screen. I slide left when I want to make use of a common app. Less common apps I just grab from the list. Works for me.
Ironically same as me, had it for 2 weeks then N came along :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EcuadorCynthia