How is this wireless charger for S22, is it good enough?

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
It seems my charging port will need repairing, so until then, i am going to charge wirelessly. I didn't want to break bank for a wireless charger. Saw this one for ~$26 bucks. Anyone else use it? I saw some others that were cheaper and higher W output, but they were store brand so i disnt feel comfoetable with them.

Anker has a good reputation as a 3rd party charging accessory supplier don't they? Would habe preffered a stand but they didnt have any. So pad it is.

Attachments

• 20220926_150840.jpg
    20220926_150840.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 54

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This is one of the reasons I use a wireless charger as much as possible, to avoid damaging the charger port. I think the micro USB ports are easier to damage then type C, so probably not as big of an issue now.

I would think the Anker would work fine. The only thing I can suggest is to check with Anker and see if it keeps trickle charging when the phone is fully charged. I used an Anker portable battery power bank and worked great, last year I bought a new Anker power bank and once the phone fully charged it stopped charging and I would wake to a less then fully charged phone. Anker said they changed them, the new ones stop charging.

I use the Samsung like mustang posted above, works great. Also, remember on these wireless chargers, the cord and charger brick do make a difference. Using cheap cords and bricks won't always power the wireless charger.

Last edited:

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the reasons I use a wireless charger as much as possible, to avoid damaging the charger port. I think the micro USB ports are easier to damage then type C.

Can you explain this? I was under the impression the S22 charge port was USB C. What does a micro usb have to do with S22?

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Can you explain this? I was under the impression the S22 charge port was USB C. What does a micro usb have to do with S22?
I believe the point he was making is that the S22's USB-C port is not as delicate as the previous micro-usb ports but that when you wireless charge you don't risk damaging the port.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll explain better for you. I was saying that the micro USB ports break easier in my experience. I am very well aware that the S22 is type C, type C has been around for awhile. I am saying that type C IMO (In My Opinion) is better and don't break as easy.

So to explain it better for you, I was comparing the 2

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Pretty happy with this pad. Its only 10w charging, but the speed is respectable enough for me and the rubber coating keeps it from sliding off real easy, works theough my case too. From 10% itll get me back up to 80% in about 1 hr 30 to 1hr 40 mins depending on how centered up I have the phone on the pad. And it being a thin pad makes it ergonomical and doesnt take a lot of space.

Overall, id give it a good 8/10 and feel its worth the $25 or so after taxes i paid for it. The only true fuss I have is it is still using a micro-USB connector going into the pad, while USB C to USB C has become the standard now. But it still gets the job done plenty well enough for my needs.