How long does your evo 3d take to restart?

How long does your EVO 3d take to restart/boot up?

• Total voters

ksumanth

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My evo3d in the first few days would restart in less than 40mins, and since last week its been taking more than 2 and half minutes. Even my sense seem to crash from time to time. Was wondering what the average boot up times were?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
This is also dependent on whether "Fast Boot" has been enabled or not. Mine was enabled out of the box, but I turned it off.

From the Home Screen:

Menu > Settings > Power > Fast boot

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Whats the difference between fast boot and regular boot?

It turns back on in about a minute and 15 seconds or so.

Fastboot only affects power off/on. If you have Fastboot turned on, when you power off the device it puts it into a deep sleep. Powering back up from this mode only takes about 15 seconds.

If Fastboot is turned off, then when you power the device on it completely reboots the system (which takes much longer--close to two minutes).

If you choose "Restart", the phone will reboot (completely shutting down and rebooting). This ignores Fastboot and also takes close to two minutes to complete.

Reactions: ksumanth

ksumanth

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am serisouly considering returning this phone for a new one. Coz it only seems to get worse. I dread organizing the whole phone agin :( I organized all my 120+ apps into folders using folder organiser and am scared will have to do it again if i get a new one. Is there anyways I can retain the folder organiser settings when i switch phones?

ksumanth

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Fastboot only affects power off/on. If you have Fastboot turned on, when you power off the device it puts it into a deep sleep. Powering back up from this mode only takes about 15 seconds.

If Fastboot is turned off, then when you power the device on it completely reboots the system (which takes much longer--close to two minutes).

If you choose "Restart", the phone will reboot (completely shutting down and rebooting). This ignores Fastboot and also takes close to two minutes to complete.

wow did not know this information. SO verified it on my phone so the shut down and start takes less than 20 Sec but my restart took 3 min 20 sec.

64fairlane

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I am serisouly considering returning this phone for a new one. Coz it only seems to get worse. I dread organizing the whole phone agin :( I organized all my 120+ apps into folders using folder organiser and am scared will have to do it again if i get a new one. Is there anyways I can retain the folder organiser settings when i switch phones?

Export your settings in folder organizer. This will save it to your sdcard. Then save that folder onto your computer. When you get your new device put that folder that you backed up onto the new sdcard. Then download folder organizer and select "import."

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

ksumanth

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Export your settings in folder organizer. This will save it to your sdcard. Then save that folder onto your computer. When you get your new device put that folder that you backed up onto the new sdcard. Then download folder organizer and select "import."

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

THat definetly eases my biggest concern, Now is there anythign else I can try to do to check if its a rogue app thats delaying my restart? before I try and exchange my phone.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
THat definetly eases my biggest concern, Now is there anythign else I can try to do to check if its a rogue app thats delaying my restart? before I try and exchange my phone.

Like someone said earlier, if you want a fast reboot, enable Fast Boot and power off then back on, dont use the restart feature.. As the pop up says restarting not only restarts it but also clears out caches so the more app/caches you have the longer the reboot process will take

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell