How to Disable All Data and Service [Solved]

Inserio

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm headed to Japan for about six weeks and wanted to bring my phone (to use basically as a mini-tablet). However, I want to disable all the 3G, Internet, Wireless, Service, or whatever else it could be called, so that I can still use WiFi, but I don't rack up huge phone bills for international usage.

I am currently on thekraven's CM9 alpha 9, but I'm tempted to just flash something more stable for while I'm there. Either way, there should be a way to turn off all those things.

Could anyone assist this process?

(p.s. if I do decide to flash a different ROM, I suppose I could use a baseband other than ZVD. In that case, would that work to get rid of everything that could incur costs?)

Last edited:

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to Disable All Data and Service

Hey guys, I'm headed to Japan for about six weeks and wanted to bring my phone (to use basically as a mini-tablet). However, I want to disable all the 3G, Internet, Wireless, Service, or whatever else it could be called, so that I can still use WiFi, but I don't rack up huge phone bills for international usage.

I am currently on thekraven's CM9 alpha 9, but I'm tempted to just flash something more stable for while I'm there. Either way, there should be a way to turn off all those things.

Could anyone assist this process?

(p.s. if I do decide to flash a different ROM, I suppose I could use a baseband other than ZVD. In that case, would that work to get rid of everything that could incur costs?)

Hah, well I suppose a radio mismatch would effectively inhibit the device's communications.....

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, idk the difference between this and airplane mode but in the settings you can disable data &/or roaming data.
Go to Settings- wireless & networks- scroll all the way down & click mobile networks, and check data enabled, data roaming, or roam guard.
Hope this helps and if anyone dies know the difference between this and airplane mode please reply!

sent from my Reborn optimus s using taptalk

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, idk the difference between this and airplane mode but in the settings you can disable data &/or roaming data.
Go to Settings- wireless & networks- scroll all the way down & click mobile networks, and check data enabled, data roaming, or roam guard.
Hope this helps and if anyone dies know the difference between this and airplane mode please reply!

sent from my Reborn optimus s using taptalk

airplane mode disables all BUT WIFI

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, you could just leave it on airplane mode, but i would take measures to ensure that it's difficult to turn airplane mode off so you don't do so accidentally. what i mean is make sure you don't have a status bar toggle or a widget toggle for it.

If it were me, I would nandroid the ROM, double flash stock zvd update.zip, upgrade to zvh, root & custom recovery zvh, then restore the ROM on top of zvh radio (;

But of course, that's only because I like doing things that are too complicated and completely unnecessary :p

Reactions: Inserio

stickyman1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Here is a safer way to disable (semi permanently) your mobile data but still leave WiFi working:
*#*#4636#*#* then select "Phone Information" and turn off the bits you want.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You could also nandroid backup and flash the wrong baseband patch. Example= if your on zvd flash the zvd-zvj patch.

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sams_s22plus