How to encrypt the hard disk of the mobile phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I want to encrypt the disk of my mobile phone so that if it is stolen, no one can recover it

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, first off a mobile phone doesn't have a hard disk.

Second, if you have a relatively modern Android device, it's internal storage is almost certainly encrypted already.

You could be talking about a microSD card, but I'm just going to assume you're not, feel free to register and correct me if that's not the case.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Well, first off a mobile phone doesn't have a hard disk.

Second, if you have a relatively modern Android device, it's internal storage is almost certainly encrypted already.

You could be talking about a microSD card, but I'm just going to assume you're not, feel free to register and correct me if that's not the case.
Personally I wouldn't encrypt an SD card in my phone. The performance hit you get from SD's are bad enough even without encryption.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't encrypt an SD card in my phone. The performance hit you get from SD's are bad enough even without encryption.

Personally I wouldn't even PUT an SD card in my phone lol. Haven't since 2012.

But we have to answer the questions and encourage them to register... if we don't, the mods will get angry...

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't even PUT an SD card in my phone lol. Haven't since 2012.

But we have to answer the questions and encourage them to register... if we don't, the mods will get angry...
When you have a music collection that nearly fills a 256 GB SD card, swapping out just the card with each new phone is a breeze.

I only deal with FLAC, and a good quarter of those are hi-res.

Now that most phones no longer have them, I don't know what I'll do with my next phone. Probably have to drop to an A series Samsung.

But I'd never encrypt it.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Mmmmmm.....
022a1fd27819ded9bd0dd54a4594aba5.gif

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The start of that song always made me wonder... what if it's meat pudding?

()yes, meat pudding is a thing here lol

You mean like black pudding? I still remember watching the classic Ecky Thump episode of The Goodies where they create a martial art based on hitting people with a black pudding. Legend has it a viewer literally died laughing when that episode first aired.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You mean like black pudding? I still remember watching the classic Ecky Thump episode of The Goodies where they create a martial art based on hitting people with a black pudding. Legend has it a viewer literally died laughing when that episode first aired.

Nah, that's blood pudding. Meat puddings are usually steak and kidney in a gravy in a suet pastry which is steamed rather than baked. (if you guys don't have suet, it's a pastry where the fat portion used is the fat from around a lambs kidneys)

I really don't know why people around the world think british cuisine is gross haha.

I don't know if a viewer actually died, but I have personally been struck about the head with a black pudding as a direct result of that episode.