How to Fix: Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped

Jody Hand

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Seriously, I'm ready to throw this damn phone in the garbage!!! 3rd time I've had this problem!!!! What the hell Android???? Put a fix together ASAP!!!! I paid way too much money for this phone for this nonsense.

Corey Venice

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
didn't work for me nothing has I think I might have bricked my Phone when trying to flash a custom theme with TWPS recovery I think, and it appeared to work fine then when I actually started up my Samsung Galaxy S4 model SPH-L702T it wouldn't work it just constantly says "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped.

if this thing had a system32 I would probably have deleted it by now I'm so frustrated with this phone... at least I have my moms old iPhone 5 I can switch to and Jailbreak.

just get an iPhone then Jailbreak it.

Last edited by a moderator:

company57

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
: Unfortunately, the system.tool has stopped

how can i fix "unfortunately, system.tool has stopped." of my android. the brand of my cellphone is FIREFLY, how can i fix it?

Last edited:

AndrewJ76

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I tried everything in this thread except factory reset, nothing worked.
Let me say this, my problem seems to be updating, my notifications will show a percentage downloaded and even once the app is updated and installed I still see the % downloaded in my notifications and I can't swipe it away.
After backing up my contacts and clearing the cache, force stopping. Moving apps off my sd card storage to device storage. Resetting app preferences...etc and none of it working...each time I tried a fix I tried updating one program and the android.process.media popped up each time... until I did this...

Settings --> Applications -->All--> Download Manager --> Clear Data/Cache

If you have the same symptoms I described while updating apps then I think the last fix I just mentioned will work for you!

Pragathee

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to Fix: Unfortunately, the page has stopped

its annoying my phone is not working properly due to this. this msg repeats within fraction of seconds i can able to reset my phone give me any solution pleasee!:'(. It says "unfortunately,the page has stopped". i need my phone badly so plz help me as soon as possible!

sarah_boys_fall

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Got a phone it kept saying unffortunatalely, the process com.android.phone has stopped so I did a hard reset & it finally made it easier to click ok so I could manage to go to a few things but it pops up every secon tried clearing the phone app & the sim tool kit but nothing is working! It's like a new phone because I reset it so what do I do? Software is up to date it won't factory reset for me can someone please just reply what to do [language redacted by Mod]?

chickster123

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
I keep receiving this dialog box on my LG phone. Every time I try to fix the problem. The box appears and I can't get past it. Is it possible to do so?

Thanks!

Sharron Bailey

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded my SG-P6210 from ICS 4.0.4 to JB 4.1.2 two days ago & have been free of this problem after enduring it for at least a year. (Used method in How to Update Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (Wi-Fi) P6210 with Android 4.1.2 UBMH1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware - Honai of Android to upgrade & used method referenced by that article to re-root. I'm in the USA but used the JB version for Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Peru cited in the article.)

I,m totally stump when it come to tech know how, and I don't have the slightest idea what you told me to fix and how to fix it. HELP ME SOME ONE! PLEASE!!!

Romana Malik

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
I updated Galaxy2 (not rooted.....yet) via Kies from 2.3.5 to 4.1.2 JBean. No camera, alarm, music player, or gallery and had the annoying process media error message almost constantly.

Tried removing SD card, disabling account syncs and cleared every cache there is with no change.

Disabled DRM protected content and disable Media storage apps, using settings> application manager>all.

This basically stops any access to any media (music, ring tones, sd card ,photos, etc).

So I reluctantly did a factory reset not expecting it to work...but it did

Worth a try.
I did all of that but it hasnt helped yet

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is a pretty long thread -- have you read through the whole thing and tried all of the suggestions? If so, then please give us more details about your device and the circumstances where you're encountering the message, because there can be various causes for this issue.

ThelastIptakah

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
I upgraded my SG-P6210 from ICS 4.0.4 to JB 4.1.2 two days ago & have been free of this problem after enduring it for at least a year. (Used method in How to Update Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (Wi-Fi) P6210 with Android 4.1.2 UBMH1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware - Honai of Android to upgrade & used method referenced by that article to re-root. I'm in the USA but used the JB version for Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Peru cited in the article.)

So in stupid people language what do you mean by fixing it? I got the samw issue with an old phone. I mean i already have a new phone. But i use the old one for my nephew. What could cause this to come up? And what can fix it? Like right now im doing a complete reset on the phone erasing everything that was ever on there. Basically. Bringing it back to factory Specs. I already bought a new sim card and sd card so now im on step three with complete reboot. And honestly. I dont speak computer. Or tech language. But to me it seems you know what your talking about. But i just dont understand. Please explain to my dumb *** self?

lilashwee

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Wow!!!! You are a life savor! I've been having issues with my phone saying apps arent wokring, then the phone would shut down and be stuck on the start up screen, then i would have to take the battery out and it would keeo doing it and doiung it. I've been on all kinds of Forums trying to get someone who knows wha they are talking about. LOL.
I came across this forum and saw all kinds of people saying how your tips took care of their issues..So went ahead and Cleared my Contacts & Contact Storage. (I was thinking to myself this isn't gunna work cause one, this forum is from 09' & it makes no since to delete my contacts....) AND GUESS WHAT?!?!?!? IT WORKED! THANK GOD. tHANK YOU FOR KNOWING WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!!! <3

You made my day

Sadie King

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I have a galaxy note 3...step by step EASILY explained...this is what I did
!
1. Went to settings
2.Genera
3.Application Manager
4.ALL
5.Clicked the BOTTOM LEFT button on the phone itself
5.RESET APP PREFERENCES
Fixed

I did the same thing, but it only worked for about five minutes.
Any other suggestions?

Matrixixix

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
Just popping here to tell people how i fixed my issue, in case anyone has the same problem.
First, i got the message after i downloaded like 20 or more pics on my phone from Chrome and went to the downloads folder on my gallery. Ive set the pics to be sorted by date. Right there the pics werent sorted right, they were on completely wrong dates, but i just left it like that. After that i started getting pop up that the Android media process stopped working. It would come out of nowhere, and i couldn't open my gallery without the error, so i had the feeling it might do with the manic downloading that i've done.
I've reset app settings, but it didnt work out.
THEN, i just went to Chrome, to downloads section, and deleted all the recent photos i've downloaded. After that, i'm not getting the message anymore :)
The phone is a Lenovo btw