How to get a PDF showing on the screen?

jc1742

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I saw PDFs displayed on my HTC ONE M8 after I first got it, but for some time now I've been unable to view any PDFs. When I click on a link to one, I get a popup asking me which browser I want to view it with. When I pick one (any one), there's a brief pause, and I'm back at the window with the link I clicked. No amount of poking around in Settings or anywhere else turns up any indication of how to get a PDF rendered on the screen.

Any clues for how to make this work?

Polaris Office 5 is installed, and I vaguely remember that it was once a choice for viewing PDFs, but it's no longer in the list of choices. The list contains only browsers. I have 9 browsers installed, and they all fail silently the same way, just giving me the list of browsers again and asking which I want to use.

I also have the File Manager app installed, which shows me a long list of .pdf files that have been downloaded, and it fails the same way, showing me the list of browsers, none of which succeed.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I saw PDFs displayed on my HTC ONE M8 after I first got it, but for some time now I've been unable to view any PDFs. When I click on a link to one, I get a popup asking me which browser I want to view it with. When I pick one (any one), there's a brief pause, and I'm back at the window with the link I clicked. No amount of poking around in Settings or anywhere else turns up any indication of how to get a PDF rendered on the screen.

Any clues for how to make this work?

Polaris Office 5 is installed, and I vaguely remember that it was once a choice for viewing PDFs, but it's no longer in the list of choices. The list contains only browsers. I have 9 browsers installed, and they all fail silently the same way, just giving me the list of browsers again and asking which I want to use.

I also have the File Manager app installed, which shows me a long list of .pdf files that have been downloaded, and it fails the same way, showing me the list of browsers, none of which succeed.

OfficeSuite 8 Pro (Trial)
MobiSystems - April 24, 2015

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s.editor.office_with_reg&hl=en&token=Aylzs3LL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia