How to get back lost photos while transferring them from phone to sd card?

A

AC Question

I have moto g 2nd generation. I inserted a brand new 32gb SanDisk memory card and phone asked me about transferring camera images,music to SanDIsk memory card, I clicked YES and transferring was going on for some duration.
But after completion i was not able to see any photos..rather my card was not detected by phone or any file manager app, Surprisingly I could see how much gb content it has in Storage options in Settings but it was not accessible.
Now, i inserted it into my lappy and tried to recover the lost photos,,,but the recovery manager could not detect a single photo,
There were soo many photos,around 1k, and im wondering where they might have gone? they are not in internal storage either.Please help me to recover those photos as they are so important to me

Thanks.

TheDenngod

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Hii zhelf thanks for the quick reply..im the one who posted this
actually though it was a brand new memory card i did put some photos,music and videos into it and then inserted into MotoG
Now, i cannot see any of the transferred photos from my cell as well the photos i put previously in sd card. i can see only empty DCIM,Android,Lostdir folders

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
when the card was inserted and the files transfered did you format the card after the transfer?

That sounds like the card was formatted which wipes all of the content on the card.

When you insert the card into a PC can you see other files on there even if they do not show up as photos? perhaps the file type was converted and is not being recognized by the device but could possibly converted back.

And i know it does not help now but for the future i also like to use an online backup such as google drive,dropbox,box etc. and periodicly back up the photos to the cloud in the event of something like this.

TheDenngod

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
HIi
i dont think so the card got wiped by any chance. Before inserting it into MotoG i put some music files along with the photos, But surprisingly now i cannot see any photos but i can see all the music files those i put into sdcard before insertion. So, only photos are missing and there are no other files (like you asking;having other formats) except music file.
This is kind of unique problem im facing.
And yess from next time i l be careful and make sure that at least periodically im backing my media on cloud storage.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
ok yea if you can view the music files then it did not get formatted.

Did you use a program on the g2 to transfer your photos or you did it manually?

TheDenngod

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
When I inserted the sd card, MotoG asked me whether it can move 'camera' photos (only camera photos re gone not all) , so ii guess it was MotoG's default transfer program.
Now i have found that, the camera photos I shared with my friends through Whatsapp are accessible via whatsapp's personal contact media option.
I could clearly open and see those shared photos. But my file manager, im using GoFile manager as well as ES explorer, could not show any of those photos. Even those are not shown in Gallery.....phewwww more confused!!!!

Johannskjdsjh

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Download ES File Explorer. Search for(.PNG or .MPEG) depending in what format your photos are. Tap and hold down a photo if it finds it. Go to (Poperties), it will tell you the folder path the file is stored in. If you still have the photos is will be findable in ES File Explorer. Remember to put the dot (.) in front of the file extension.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality41