How to go about getting a new phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So last year I went through boost mobiles promotion deal thing and got the a53 5g for under $120. I was super excited to get it and when it arrived it was perfect. I love that phone best phone I've ever had. Well about 4 weeks ago I went to get out of my car and forgot it was in my lap, and it fell hit the ground. But there's no cracks or anything in my screen but my screen is completely black and only lights up for maybe 3 seconds and that's if I press the power button 3 times for the camera action, but then goes black instantly. It still makes noise for calls text and all notifications. I was paying for the protection plan with boost but now there telling me I'm still going to have to pay fill price to get a new phone... this can't be my only option to get my a53 back... can it?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It may be that they were referring to the deductible. All phone insurance plans require you to pay a deductible if you make a claim, on top of the monthly premiums. This is standard, and is always something to keep in mind when you purchase a protection plan. According to the website, your deductible is $175 -- far more than what you paid for your phone. So unless you have crucial data on that phone that you can't otherwise recover (i.e., you didn't back it up or sync it anywhere else), you're probably better off looking for another cheap deal.

https://www.myphoneguardian.com/boostmobile/