How to keep flash LED on while taking photo?

FlashCrazy

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
On my Galaxy S4 I used to be able to use the flashlight widget to keep the light on while taking a photo. This worked great for focusing and getting the right angle in low light to capture information stickers. However, on my new S7, I've tried using the Flashlight setting or a Flashlight app, but once I open the camera app it turns off the LED. Does anyone know if there is a way around this? Obviously I can set the camera to flash on when taking a photo, or press the screen to focus which briefly turns it on, but I always have to go back and review the photo to make sure I got all the information and there wasn't a bad reflection.

Alternatively, maybe there is another non-stock camera app that will work better or allow me to keep the light on?

Thanks for your help!

dirtydantx

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Just tested this with my S7... cycle your flash to "on". point your camera towards the subject (or info sticker) and tap the screen. It will temporarily light up the flash and focus where you tapped. You may have to tap a few more times to get the angle just right but this should solve your problem.

Adam Krueger

May 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm with you. I use it for work. I use it to look around in dark places like a basement and crawl space. Then take photos of what I want. The tap and wait works but takes for ever and then my eyes need to reset. Is there a way to turn it back??

turbodharma

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Help... I also need to know this because I'm stuck with the same issue on my nexus 6p...it used to work on my GS6... It really is useful to keep flash always on while camera app is open :/

MeatLoafT

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried using one of the free magnifier apps from the Play Store? It works for me. I can't tell which one it is (different icon set) but at 1x magnification and light on, you can hit capture and do what you describe.

MeatLoafT

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried using one of the free magnifier apps from the Play Store? It works for me. I can't tell which one it is (different icon set) but at 1x magnification and light on, you can hit capture and do what you describe.
Actually I'm wrong on the free app part, it's a built-in widget, but I'm not sure if it's Google, Samsung, or Nova Launcher.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Turn on flash in camera, then set to video mode, you'll then start recording a video with the flash on. You'll also have a capture button which is basically take a picture of whatever you are recording at the time.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe