How to Lock Apps ONLY but not the phone on Samsung Note 9

Sannya123

Oct 27, 2020
Visit site
I don't like having to unlock my phone every the time I want to use it.
I prefer instead to lock individual apps.
On my Samsung Galaxy S6 I was able to do this, I was using a third party application (AppLock) to unlock individual apps with firgerprint.

But on my new Samsung Note 9 if I register my biometrics I have to lock the phone using them. It doesn't just store the biometrics. So there is no point then for me to lock apps individually.

Is there a workaround to lock apps only (using fingerptrint) instead of locking the whole phone?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If I leave the phone unlocked, it automatically deletes my fingerprint data from the phone and i cannot use it anywhere else.
Hi, welcome to AC!

Good point , forgot about that :(
Samsung really doesn't give another option as some phones out there. You can try 3rd party app lockers but not sure how good they are .

Sannya123

Oct 27, 2020
Visit site
Hi, thank you.
3rd party App Lockers are good, I have used them in my Galaxy S6, however they dont store/manage fingerprints. They use the fingerprints already stored in android/samsung....
This Samsung move was ridiculous in my point of view.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, thank you.
3rd party App Lockers are good, I have used them in my Galaxy S6, however they dont store/manage fingerprints. They use the fingerprints already stored in android/samsung....
This Samsung move was ridiculous in my point of view.
Yeah , not sure anything else to recommend .
Your welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf