How to make Kindle "larger" on Nexus 7

macboatus

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I searched for this but couldn't find an answer.

I recently purchased a Nexus 7 and have downloaded the Kindle app from Google Play. I have no problem understanding how to use the app or reading books that I've purchased. However, what I do have problems with is actually navigating through the app because the text, graphics, links or search results are so darned small. Is there any way to have everything presented larger?

Thanks!

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I searched for this but couldn't find an answer.

I recently purchased a Nexus 7 and have downloaded the Kindle app from Google Play. I have no problem understanding how to use the app or reading books that I've purchased. However, what I do have problems with is actually navigating through the app because the text, graphics, links or search results are so darned small. Is there any way to have everything presented larger?

Thanks!

You can enlarge the book's font using the Aa menu at the top right. That may enlarge graphics and other things in a book, but I'm not sure. I don't think you can enlarge menu items.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

dave1nyc

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure of this, but I believe (meaning I've never found a way) that you cannot. I have a couple of kindles and a 7, and while both the devices and the app allow a wide range of font sizes when reading books, for things like browsing the kindle store, they both seem to use small text and to provide no way to increase the size. (If you read the amazon help pages on how to use Paperwhite, for instance, it clearly says "...allows you to customize the appearance of your Kindle books." )

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
You could try changing the system font size. It is under "Display" in the system settings, though that will affect other apps as well.