[How-To] Manual Rooting of LS670ZVH/ZVJ (+ links to root ZVD/ZV9)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody have instructions or experience with rooting and installing custom ROM with the over the air gingerbread update that came out a month or so ago? My wife updated her phone and it's running worse than ever. I'd like to root it and install a custom ROM but am not having much luck finding instructions (if there's one available yet) for the 2.3 update.
Did you read the first post in this thread? It covers your questions about ZVH.

If you want to rollback to ZVD, look at reference section 9 C.

Wrath51379

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I am currently running G Rom 2.2 and it is freaking awesome. Benchmark score only was 700 with reborn ROM zvd now its 1100 consistently. Also I noticed that my phone isn't being recognized by my car USB anymore nor being charged but that's the only small issue I've had with it but great ROM and Adobe Flash YAAAAAYYYY !!!!! Thanks again

mcfisher1980

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
im having an issue putting the stock recovery back on my phone. when i go to use the command prompt, it keeps telling me the system cannot find the path specified. i have everything where its susposed to my on my c drive and usb debugging is enabled. what can be the issue here?

bodyshop#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting
E: no signature (753 files)
E: signature verification failed

It seems i already have Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6 recovery
Is that supposed to be the recovery or did i install the wrong update.zip it was the ZVHrec.zip from the OP

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Which step are you doing? If you are getting an error which wasn't specified as expected, you are probably doing something wrong.

Personally I wouldn't go indiscriminately disabling signature verification. You can get into bad states if you try to install stuff that wasn't intended to work together.

wd8ejc

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Need help rooting my ZVH This phone has never been rooted and was recently OTA to the ZVH,
I do not have a stock recovery to roll it back, Where can I fine a stock recovery to do this. Thanks
Randy

nathonh

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Can the rooting step be performed from Terminal Emulator?
I have trouble with ADB on my desktop and I was able to do the rooting of ZVD from emulator on the phone so curious if I can do the same here...

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Every step except the installation of persistent root (2nd half of step 6) can be performed without PC.

2nd half of step 6 needs to be performed in adb.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
3) Flash VH recovery

Download the ZVH recovery package [zvhrec.zip]
Unzip to top-level of your C: drive

From PC command prompt, run install.bat to install files to sdcard, inspect for errors, start adb shell session

Quote:
c:
cd zvhrec
install.bat
adb shell

I am getting su: permission denied on this step every time.
It is possible you got a su: permission denied in the next set of commands, but not in the ones you listed. The ones you listed never run su.

If you are getting it in the next step, then did you root your current ROM version as mentioned at the beginning of the post?

tyr33

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
having problem on the Install the VH recovery part
everytime i type in cmd i get a no permission error/operation not permitted/permission denied

ToddShroats

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted zvd, do I need to re root again or just install the zvh update from my custom recovery? I am interested in upgrading from zvd to zvh.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted zvd, do I need to re root again or just install the zvh update from my custom recovery?
If you do that, at the minimum, your data won't work.

I am interested in upgrading from zvd to zvh.
Follow the instructions in the first post and everything will be fine. Don't deviate. There should be no errors (unless noted). If you receive any unexpected errors that you don't understand, post a question before continuing.

deviant360

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
i am having some trouble lil new to this but ...i have rooted zvd and tried this and some trouble...when i choose to install.bat line code. comes back permission denied...any quick ideas?