How to mark text as unread in ICS

movi3king

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I can't seem to figure out how to mark a text as unread on my phone running ice. If someone can help me I'd be greatful.

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's ever been possible to mark a text as unread, at least in the stock messaging app. If you use go SMS or something else there may be some option, but I'm on the stock app and don't see anything

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

cshrivathsa

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
This is available in 2.3.6, is Android going backwards, it is a simple function required, when you want to answer an email on your PC, you would like to mark it as unread in Android to serve as a reminder. Oh Grrr:):mad:

glazedfaith

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
This is available in 2.3.6, is Android going backwards, it is a simple function required, when you want to answer an email on your PC, you would like to mark it as unread in Android to serve as a reminder. Oh Grrr:):mad:

He said a text, not an email, though. I can't think of any reason to make a text unread that couldn't be remedied by forwarding the text back to yourself or something similar

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Android Central Forums

emirsmith

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
umm with the blackberry it was super easy to just select the message and mark as unread, yes there are plenty of reasons to make a text unread, just because you dont do it or havent ran into one of the many instances where people are working and/or doing something and quickly get a text, view it and need to save it as unread to read it later because they cant do whatever the text says at that moment and they want to be reminded of a text being unread by just looking at their phone and seeing the SMS unread.
Why forward a text to yourself? what are we going backwards now? this is ridiculous and whoever thinks this isnt needed and needs to remedy it by forward messages to yourself is most likely related to a chimp.

Joshua Lovelace1

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys. I can't seem to figure out how to mark a text as unread on my phone running ice. If someone can help me I'd be greatful.

What youd do is copy the message then delete it, use "fake text message" an android app that can be found in the app Store, then "resend" the message from the other person and it will insert the message with the time stamp you selected in your message stream and it will be unread and look in your message app like it came from the other person

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatJimmy