[ how to ][root][GB] root the lg viper GB/ics

alog122

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
put this file rageagainstthecage-arm5 in your superoneclick>exploits file then close

then open one click on your left corner you have a drop box choose rageagain now press shell wait for it to work if it freezes close it out then open again now hit root and your phone should be rooted now or follow gollum18 instructions again and it should work i did for me many times
Finally got it working thank you. I just had yo restart my laptop about 10 times to keep the application from freezing

Last edited:

dragonsdeath78

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ how to ] root the lg viper

So using Shabbypenguin's AIO on my 3rd LG Viper now I have rooted my device. Both previous times I have ended up with CWM on the device and bricked the devices come time I needed to do a restore.

What can we do to restore these devices after rooting them? If a custom recovery ends up on the device it seems we are screwed. 1st device I installed cwm, 2nd device I installed nandroid thinking it would be safe and made a back up. once again no go, bricked device.

I'm now on my 3rd device, need root, but dont think I can get Sprint to give me a 4th if the time comes. How can we prevent bricking our devices and having the benefits of root?

dragonsdeath78

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

i lost recovery and my lg viper is stuck on the lg logo please help i can't afford another phone my son tried to root it but if i get instrucitons i can fix it i tried lg updater didn't it says software is current and also recover mode didn't work don't i did get these files from lg updater i turned off my internet i it wouldn't pull them back LS840_WD_1_0_0_0.dll ,LS840ZVD_02.bin and LS840ZVD_02.SD_02.P25002.wdb please help

There is nothing you can do it seems. Once a custom recovery is on this device its done for.
Try and get Sprint to replace it for you. I've got lucky and just got my 3rd Viper form them. One thing is for sure, there will be no custom recovery on my device again, and this means any thing like nandroid, or titanium back up. LG seems to not want any one to mess with these phones.

mharrison82

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I cannot seem to get the rageaganstthecage exploit to download on my Windows 7 machine. I turned off my anti-virus but when I download it, I tell it to save in a specific spot, and Firefox says it is completed, yet it does not appear where I told it to save. Searched the entire system and nothing. Any ideas?

RedBunnyJAV

May 12, 2012
Visit site

I just got my new Viper Rooted using SuperOneClick and Rage ,... now I'm wondering ,.... whats the state of things as in Custom Recovery /
Roms ,... are there any or are there going to be any ,...?:p

Reactions: wormy987123

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I just got my new Viper Rooted using SuperOneClick and Rage ,... now I'm wondering ,.... whats the state of things as in Custom Recovery /
Roms ,... are there any or are there going to be any ,...?:p

I'm wondering the same I got mine rooted a few hours ago.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

catchjeff

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Wow first shot and it rooted. Thank you very much for this method. If I had any money I would donate but for now this thank you will have to do G.

MsOhSoPhresh

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm new to this LG Viper (was a happy Evo4g hacked phone user for 2yrs)......... followed all directions, & yes, I am now rooted. GREAT GUIDE!!!!

Now my my issue is my Play Store isn't working. I get "THE APPLICATION GOOGLE PLAY STORE (PROCESS COM. ANDROID.VENDING) HAS STOPPED UNEXPECTEDLY. PLEASE TRY AGAIN" It force closes every time i click to view an app or even update it. It opens, i see what apps need to be updated, but it shuts down when i try.

I was on XDA and got a couple of solutions, none worked. Factory reset, nope.... Updated prl & profile, no help..... Uninstalled, then re-installed play store, no help either..... Someone suggested i flash the GAPPS zip, but i don't have a custom recovery so how could I do this without bricking my phone? I do have the paid version of Rom ToolBox, thats what i used to delete the pre-installed Google apps, but i didn't delete any processes, so i'm confused as to why i'm having problems with the play store.

alog122

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Your having problems with the play store because you deleted the Gapps package . X.x when you delete an .apk it stops the process because it removes the app.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Project panda custom recovery is up go check it out, nigel did an excellent job on it and is actively developing it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

VenumX

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

So for those still having issues doing this... check these things...

1. Start > Control Panel > System > Device Manager | Make sure 'AndroidNet Sooner Single ADB Interface' is under 'ADB Interface' -- if not you have a driver issue
2. Make sure all antivirus ( Windows Defender included ) in Windows Defender go to Settings tab and disable real-time protection as it will auto-delete the RATC file.
3. Make sure that 'rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin' is in your Exploits directory.
4. Rename 'rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin' to just 'rageagainstthecage-arm5' - just to be safe

nateloc

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ how to ][updated] root the lg viper

Also please be sure to run "shell root" first and let it do it's thing. Upon completion USB debugging will reboot then run normal root. Install cwmrecovery.img via adb DO NOT flash with ROM Manager as our device is not supported yet, this leads to soft brick and recovery loop.
P.S. There is not a way to make a nandroid backup yet as there are no custom ROMs available. As far as I know it is impossible to nand a stock rom, cannot mount /system in recovery. Hope this info helps.

nateloc

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

Wanted to make a correction to that last post...by flashing the recovery.img located in the Project Panda download one is able to do a full Nand backup.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Jake what baseband are you running, it should work on both zvc and zvd.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe