How to turn off different notifications.

psyberjay

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, new Android user here...

How do I turn off different kind of notifications? I'm not too impressed with the battery life and I think turning off some notifications might help improve battery life. Examples of notifications would be:

1. games (Clash of Clans, Boom Beach)
2. It constantly tells me how many minutes it would take me to my work or from work to home
3. ESPN and other news notifications.. etc.

Are there toggle switch in individual app's setting or is there another master notification toggle menu? I couldn't find either one of those.

Thanks,

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You turn those off in the individual apps. If an app doesn't give you an option to turn it off, you can go into application manager, find the app, and uncheck the Notification box. The item in your #2 may be Google Now. If so, you should be able to set that in Google Settings or Google Now. But you could have another app telling you that, so if it's not Google Now, then go to that app.

radiohawk

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You turn those off in the individual apps. If an app doesn't give you an option to turn it off, you can go into application manager, find the app, and uncheck the Notification box. The item in your #2 may be Google Now. If so, you should be able to set that in Google Settings or Google Now. But you could have another app telling you that, so if it's not Google Now, then go to that app.

So I play some games (particularly boom beach) that continue to turn notifications back on even when I go into the settings and turn them off, any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
So I play some games (particularly boom beach) that continue to turn notifications back on even when I go into the settings and turn them off, any suggestions?

Do you have those games on the SD card? There's this bug that's been around since Kitkat that apps on the SD card will re-enable the notification setting after reboot. I only reboot like once a week, so after I do, I just go and turn off the notifications again.

radiohawk

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have those games on the SD card? There's this bug that's been around since Kitkat that apps on the SD card will re-enable the notification setting after reboot. I only reboot like once a week, so after I do, I just go and turn off the notifications again.

I do have an SD card w/apps there however the notifications return even between rebooting. Maybe an exploit of play services permissions by the dev?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT