How to turn off playing audio file

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So this is a bit wierd, but if I am playing an audio file, like an mp3 file, locally on the device, not thru google music, or any other service, just an mp3 file, HOW on earth do I stop it, or turn it off.

I have tried various players, VLC, ES file player, a few others, it plays the music, but it never shows the actual app to get to a place where I can pause or stop. I have to reboot the device.

I select a file from my file manager, ES or Astro, and it opens up the select play with choices. I select one and the music plays, but no app is showing open. I close all recent apps, but the music still plays?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
I am using the Black Player app for music, the app has all the music controls you need including pause and stop, most other players will be the same. If when playing music you need to control it but are unable to see the app, just pull down notifications and open the app from there or you can just open the app from your desktop. I hope this helps with your query.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
ok let me try that. IF that works, I will feel like a dummy, as that seems so obvious.. ;)

HAHAHAH DUhhhh Dummmy me.. the problem was I turn off most notifications as they really annoy me but I guess some apps you really need notifications available.

THANK YOU (for helping, but making techy me feel like the people I help all the time, telling them the obvious)

:)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you tap the mp3 file, some app is playing it. That app has a pause button. Hit that and close the app (back button, not home button - that doesn't close anything) and the music is stopped.

When the music is playing, pull the shade down and you should be able to see which app is running.

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
ok let me try that. IF that works, I will feel like a dummy, as that seems so obvious.. ;)

HAHAHAH DUhhhh Dummmy me.. the problem was I turn off most notifications as they really annoy me but I guess some apps you really need notifications available.

THANK YOU (for helping, but making techy me feel like the people I help all the time, telling them the obvious)

:)

No problem, glad you are sorted.:)

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
no that was my problem, I had notifications turned off.. ;) , my bad, but all good now.. duhhh blaming it on a senior moment