[How to][VZW GNote2] Root/Rom via Odin w/video

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I couldnt pay this to work for me. the .TAR files are all showing up as corrupt, no matter which one I use. I am not a fan of using custom roms.

Delete what you have. Redownload. Use 7zip to decompress. Then try again trust me is not as difficult as it seems.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Delete what you have. Redownload. Use 7zip to decompress. Then try again trust me is not as difficult as it seems.

Hey DroidXcon, will you be making a step by step tutorial, etc.., for the unlock method over at XDA? I always love your stuff best. :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey DroidXcon, will you be making a step by step tutorial, etc.., for the unlock method over at XDA? I always love your stuff best. :)

Yes i will , The thing is i want to make things as detailed as possible so i end up taking alot of time doing them. Plus it is tough reading over their threads finding mistakes people made and trying my best to cover those mistakes so no one else makes them. But yeah ill do the best i can to get them covered. here ASAP

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes i will , The thing is i want to make things as detailed as possible so i end up taking alot of time doing them. Plus it is tough reading over their threads finding mistakes people made and trying my best to cover those mistakes so no one else makes them. But yeah ill do the best i can to get them covered. here ASAP

Kick ass man, I will be donating for sure just like with the TBolt. :) I prefer your tutorials. A perfect example of why: I just downloaded the casual program needed to unlock, and I couldn't get the damn thing to open. I finally went to the Java site and downloaded Java 6, after I installed Java 6, Casual opened just fine. I kept getting pestered by a Java update a few weeks back and apparently whatever version I updated to doesn't play nice with Casual. Knowing that crap like that might happen ahead of time helps prevent confusion. I will sit tight and wait for you. :):)

Thanks for your time and effort man!!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah knew that was going to be an issue for people off the bat. Most of these Android related applications run with assistance of JRE Java Runtime Environment. (Not that I know how it works) but I've had the problem many times where I go to open some type of tool that had a java based interface and as soon as I open it , it flashes on the screen and disappears. We are not all developers so I try to make it as step by step as possible.

ferndchamp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please help me with my problem. First I rooted my phone using the xda easy root for the Verizon Galaxy Note 2. I think I rooted it right but was not sure. So than I redid the steps and than took out the battery than put it back in and tried to reboot it after holding down the volume up, power button, and home button. Now after the reboot my phone just starts up and switches between the Samsung start up screen and the Verizon 4g lte screen. Thats the only thing that happens. I tried deleting the cache but no avail. So can someone please help me on what to do next. Also, can you answer this question, do you think my phone is bricked. Also if I start it up with just the power button the same thing happens, toggling back and forth between the Samsung and Verizon 4g screen. At one point I left it on that for around 45 min. and nothing happened. Can someone please help.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please help me with my problem. First I rooted my phone using the xda easy root for the Verizon Galaxy Note 2. I think I rooted it right but was not sure. So than I redid the steps and than took out the battery than put it back in and tried to reboot it after holding down the volume up, power button, and home button. Now after the reboot my phone just starts up and switches between the Samsung start up screen and the Verizon 4g lte screen. Thats the only thing that happens. I tried deleting the cache but no avail. So can someone please help me on what to do next. Also, can you answer this question, do you think my phone is bricked. Also if I start it up with just the power button the same thing happens, toggling back and forth between the Samsung and Verizon 4g screen. At one point I left it on that for around 45 min. and nothing happened. Can someone please help.

You are def not bricked :). So you wiped cache did you try to wipe data. And can you link Me to the thread you used so I can see what you flashed

ferndchamp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
[GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root the VZW Galaxy Note II and more! - xda-developers
I was so scared because i thought i read you are def bricked. Luckily i misread.
I downloaded and think is insatlled the Official VRALJB 4.1.1
I now only get to go to Android system recovery <3e>
When in android system recovery I have tried 1- reboot system now, 2- wipe data/factory reset than reboot system now, 3- wipe chache partition than system reboot. After I tried these the same thing happens It just turns on and goes to Samsung screen and toggles back and forth to Verizon 4g Lte screen. Thanks for your help

ferndchamp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I also wanted to note when on Android System recovery the only yellow lettering on the bottom says this-
#manual mode#
--appling multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code:VZW
successfully applied multi-CSC

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
[GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root the VZW Galaxy Note II and more! - xda-developers
I was so scared because i thought i read you are def bricked. Luckily i misread.
I downloaded and think is insatlled the Official VRALJB 4.1.1
I now only get to go to Android system recovery <3e>
When in android system recovery I have tried 1- reboot system now, 2- wipe data/factory reset than reboot system now, 3- wipe chache partition than system reboot. After I tried these the same thing happens It just turns on and goes to Samsung screen and toggles back and forth to Verizon 4g Lte screen. Thanks for your help
Can you give me the name of the file you tried to flash in Odin

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Why do you prefer to use the USB closest to the motherboard? Technically all USB ports on a pc or laptop are connected to the mobo. Is there a difference between using a usb on the motherboard directly or a usb using pci slot? (not trying to sound like an a$$ just curious)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Why do you prefer to use the USB closest to the motherboard? Technically all USB ports on a pc or laptop are connected to the mobo. Is there a difference between using a usb on the motherboard directly or a usb using pci slot? (not trying to sound like an a$$ just curious)

I have been using Odin for years and have been helping people trouble shoot this forever. For some reason any USB that is connect to the mother board via cable tends to not work as well. i dont know what it is maybe a slight change in resistance or something but it has made a difference in so many cases . Laptops are another mystery i have had tons of cases where peoples flashes would fail in the middle of running on laptops and as soon as they move to a pc it works perfectly.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i think the name is CI605_I605VRLJB_CL414933_HW-Rev0406_low_ship_user.tarmd5
I am usin odin3_v3.07_SGS111
Ok try flashing that again, but this time make sure you check off Auto Reboot and let the flash finish and do not pull the battery let it reboot itself

ferndchamp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
No, but to tell you the truth I havent tried any method but power button, volume up, and home button. I dont know any other way. Another thing when i connect it to my computer i hear it make the noise when getting connected but than nothing appears, and it charges through computer too.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No, but to tell you the truth I havent tried any method but power button, volume up, and home button. I dont know any other way. Another thing when i connect it to my computer i hear it make the noise when getting connected but than nothing appears, and it charges through computer too.

OH ok,,, do this to get into download mode,
5.) With your Device off simultaneously press and hold Volume Down/Home THEN the power button until you see it say "Warning!!" at the top and a tiny yellow triangle at the bottom. At this time press the Volume up button to continue. This will take you to Downloading mode and you will see a green Android.
Downloadmode.png

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
infact continue with these directions as at the moment you are flashing stock image,

6.) Plug USB cable into your Device
7.) Drivers will now be installed and Odin will recognize your device by assigning a Port and highlighting the box under ID:COM. (If you do not see a highlight port assigned do not continue and proceed to trouble shooting tab above, port number does not matter, just as long as one is assigned)
8.) In ODIN make sure Auto Reboot is selected
Odintute2.png

9.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button..

10.)Choose the FileName.tar.md5 (which ever file you want to flash) in the folder with the files you downloaded
pda2.png

11.)Click the Start button in ODIN. (this should take approx 6 to 8mins,After Pressing Start DO NOT UNPLUG USB until it is Done, if you think it is stuck ask someone in the forums)
12.) When done Odin will display Pass/Reset in upper left hand box If it gets hung up at reset give it 2 minutes to try to get to PASS if it does not change you still should be ok to move onto the next step
Pass.png

13.) Allow phone to restart , Welcome back to stock

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos