HTC 10 Owners: First Impressions, Initial Reviews Thread

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
No I didn't use it. As oversaturated as I find the 6P's display, I piercer that offer the very dull undersaturated look of the sRGB mode.

Then I think that you are basing your comparison on just the standard configuration. If you change to sRGB the colors are very well saturated and true to life. I would really like to see a comparison between the sRGB mode of both devices.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It seems to be pretty scratch resistant unless you take a knife to it. Scratches from car keys rub right off. The guy that folded a couple of other phones was unable to bend the 10 at all, and stated that it was "incredibly strong". Link to the Youtube video is below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ62ixgzhrI

Scratches from car keys that rub off aren't really scratches....its metal residue from the keys, but that's still a good thing meaning its hard to scratch.

Posted via the Android Central App

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
So is anyone here who already has theirs going with a case or naked? It looks like a beautiful phone and I despise cases. Is it fairly durable? Just wondering what the consensus is about case vs. no case so far.

I'm not using a case because my M8 was pretty bulletproof. I dropped that phone on cement several times, on tile innumerous times over 2 years and it only acquired some scrapes on the corners. Screen is still perfect. I love the look and feel of the 10 and the drop test I saw showed the corners fairing very well so I won't use a case on it.

smc333

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Screen is really nice there is a very slight warm or pinkish hue but doesn't bother me at all. All the criticism is overexaggerated. Brightness has been fine so far too. Speakers are good but not great, headphone audio is best I've had! Still getting used to it but feels like a super charged m8. Do miss the normal HTC gallery and music apps but I'll adjust. Zero lag, this phone is FAST and smooth, coming from a g4 I missed sense. Will only get better when Verizon gets some updates out. Definitely a keeper!

Omegaxboy

May 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently on HTC One M8 and the unlocked HTC 10 is coming Monday. I've been hearing some people complaining about the brightness and viewing angle of the screen which concerns me. Is Super LCD 5 screen worse than Super LCD 3 hosting on HTC One M8? I have no issue viewing M8 screen from any angle with minor dimmer than viewing straight on and I use M8 as GPS for my motorcycle under Florida sun and I have no issue seeing the screen with auto brightness on with Tinted Visor on my helmet. Should I be worry HTC 10 screen not as good as M8?

I was actually going to get a S7 (didn't want edge) until I see Samsung still keeping their back button on the right side and the touchwiz really pushed me away. I had very good experience with M8 and the phone still running great but I do want a phone that can handle newer games and emulators better than M8 and besides, HTC was always really good at updating their phone. (Should be even better now I'm getting unlocked version instead of from T-mobile). Yes, Samsung may have more gimmicks than HTC but at the end of day, I prefer more simple, less bloatware phone with more updates.

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
HTC 10 Likes, Dislikes and other issues

I do not know if there is one thread that discusses all issue into one, but we can discuss all issues and praises here about the HTC 10

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC 10 Likes, Dislikes and other issues

Issues:
1. HTC sense has crashed on me when changing themes
2. Some themes have parts which don't work: example...some weather clocks don't load at all and change to the default
3. The 5 dots on the bottom of the screen for home pages stay on all the time. In my M8 they only come on when flipping through home pages
4. I miss the Gallery App. Google Photos is a great app but a terrible replacement for the gallery app. It's slow, hard to find folders
5. Not as many settings available when pulling down the notifications bar. I miss the sound profile setting being there.
6. The weather clock is smaller than on my M8. It squishes the weather icons and clock when using themes.
7. After a few days with the phone, the battery life is not so great.
8. My M8 screen is brighter
9. Hard to see screen in daylight

Things I like:
1 Camera so far seems nice
2. Great build quality
3. Music is really great with headphones
4. Great fingerprint scanner

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Issues:
1. HTC sense has crashed on me when changing themes
2. Some themes have parts which don't work: example...some weather clocks don't load at all and change to the default
3. The 5 dots on the bottom of the screen for home pages stay on all the time. In my M8 they only come on when flipping through home pages
4. I miss the Gallery App. Google Photos is a great app but a terrible replacement for the gallery app. It's slow, hard to find folders
5. Not as many settings available when pulling down the notifications bar. I miss the sound profile setting being there.
6. The weather clock is smaller than on my M8. It squishes the weather icons and clock when using themes.
7. After a few days with the phone, the battery life is not so great.
8. My M8 screen is brighter
9. Hard to see screen in daylight

Things I like:
1 Camera so far seems nice
2. Great build quality
3. Music is really great with headphones
4. Great fingerprint scanner
I know some of these themes are mods and can cause UI crashes. Change the display to srgb and use full brightness until the glue dries.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

My main like so far has been the camera. This has been the best camera experience I've had on a smartphone. My main dislike has been the screen when I'm wearing my polarized sunglasses. I will have to purchase an anti-glare screen protector to counteract this issue.

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

So is anyone else having a yellow tint on the bottom of the screen?

Glue issue right? It's annoying me now.

Aside from a UV light, what's the best way to make sure that this is really the issue?

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

My main like so far has been the camera. This has been the best camera experience I've had on a smartphone. My main dislike has been the screen when I'm wearing my polarized sunglasses. I will have to purchase an anti-glare screen protector to counteract this issue.
Yea the screen is what I am seeing complaints coming from

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

So is anyone else having a yellow tint on the bottom of the screen?

Glue issue right? It's annoying me now.

Aside from a UV light, what's the best way to make sure that this is really the issue?
True using Vivid on full brightness. I probably don't have good eyes but I am not seeing this pink stuff

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
1. Build, feeling in hand, size, just attention to detail is like Apple level.

2. Software is light and much closer to stock, smooth and fast.

3. Front facing camera is one of the best.

4. Fingerprint reader is fast, like that the home button is not clicky.

5. Overall sound quality is great.

6. Ability to buy unbranded/unlocked without useless carrier bloat and carrier logo at launch.

7. Like how duplicate apps are not there and Google photos is integrated with the camera and the default gallery app. Google photos is the best.

Dislikes

1. Mostly to do with back camera. It's above average but not at 6s plus or S7 edge level.

2. Battery life is above average, could have been better but I guess with the 3000 mah capacity they are doing their best.

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

1. I prefer the onscreen buttons or probably I have to adjust to these ones
2. I rather the phone to be a little wider than for it to be this tall.
3. I want the HTC gallery app back where I can easily locate stuff.
4. Screen on the m8 is better but don't know if time will heal the wounds.
5. Should of removed either the gmail app or the HTC app.
6. Missing my IR blaster mostly.
7. When watching any video, and even looking at the screen, 2k is not even different from 1080p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord