HTC flashlight

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else tried to load a flashlight apk. Got it to install and turns on but can't get the button to work to change brightness.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I installed Tiny Flashlight from the play store and it worked without issue but got rid of it because the pre-loaded HTC version is adjustable and works fine. Did yours not come pre-installed?

Acelx

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there a pre-loaded HTC flashlight app? I can't find it on my phone...I have the Sprint version.

On the AT&T and the international version it has HTC flashlight app.. im not sure about Sprint.. but if you unlock the bootloader you lose the app along with a few others because its pre-loaded to your internal memory. and since unlocking the bootloader erase your content you lose a few apps

lisamarie6

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, can you please explain where you found the flashlight app pre-loaded? I assumed it would be in the "tools" folder, but it isn't. I have the AT&T version.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
On the AT&T and the international version it has HTC flashlight app.. im not sure about Sprint.. but if you unlock the bootloader you lose the app along with a few others because its pre-loaded to your internal memory. and since unlocking the bootloader erase your content you lose a few apps

T-Mobile US version has the HTC Flashlight too.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I installed power toggle so I can have toggles to WiFi, airplane mode, etc on the notifications drop down. It has a toggle for flashlight so it works well to night need another app and I can access it from every screen since only have to swipe down.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366677760180.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366677760180.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 103

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
How did you get it to install at the drop down? I would love to do this.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
How did you get it to install at the drop down? I would love to do this.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

It's an app..... Power toggles. You can have it be pinned to the notification area and you can select the toggles you want to show altogether.

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
The HTC One comes with a preinstalled "widget? flashlight not an app. Look within the widgets.

Sent from my HTC ONE using Android Central Forums

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't want widget. I always put it in my dock so I access it from my lock screen.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums