HTC One bricked but I didn't modify it?

ahsinat

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
First of all, is it still considered a 'brick' if it hasn't been modified in any way?

I got my phone from a trustworthy seller off of amazon (they werent shady and gave me the phone in mint condition) sometime in August before I headed off to school and just a week ago it turned off and never came on again.

I fiddled with it and have looked up & down for causes and solutions but I think it's done for.

And from what I know the phone wasn't modified once I received it.. or if they have, they restored the phone to factory settings.

I was just wondering what is the cause of it refusing to turn on, now? I have not rooted it or dropped it in water or anything. I dropped it once without the case but it held up fine aside from nicks on the corners. Didn't cut off after being dropped either.

I did take it with me to shower to use as a stereo, but kept it well away from the water. And this was in a university bathroom. Not sure if that helps when considering the possibility of water damage? And I also thought about maybe heat being an issue? Because the phone does tend to get really warm.

Anyways, short summary, I was wondering what would be the cause of my phone bricking despite no modifications and if there are any other magical solutions out there? (I think I've tried them all.) I'm more interested in the cause, because I've accepted the fact my phone won't come back on. I'm waiting to get paid to get a new phone.. and if it is smart to get the HTC One again.. because I ADORE the phone, or just move on. (Considering the LG G2. Have a college kid budget.)

& I have contacted HTC several times about this. The phone's warranty ran out a month ago so there's that option..!

*edit: and my laptop makes a connecting/disconnecting sound when its plugged in. it will continually make the disconnect sound, however, every few seconds.

Last edited:

pete2bec2

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it should work. Force reset even if it takes 20 minutes. Hold volume down and power for a long time. Wait for a couple minutes, then hit power. If it doesn't work, repeat.

ahsinat

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like it should work. Force reset even if it takes 20 minutes. Hold volume down and power for a long time. Wait for a couple minutes, then hit power. If it doesn't work, repeat.

Thanks for some input! I will probably try & put some tape on the buttons.. my hands get so cramped & sore.

Could it possibly be acting up like this because a connector inside the phone got loose?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sams_s22plus