HTC One: How do I enable system write?

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
James, I don't mean to sound dumb but where is fast charge located? I don't use it. Can you make a screen shot?

Via Operation Intrusive; stealing your private data using the unmarked NSA van parked outside

JamesMore

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I am the dumb one I was thinking that fast charge was included in the viper release

Here is the screenshot

6eex49.png

JamesMore

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
That got it sorry for being such a newbie now all kernel options are enabled.

On your screen shot it shows the type of network you are connected to how did you enable that ? Eg LTE/3G ( I am with AT&T and have signal set to use AT&T)

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
That got it sorry for being such a newbie now all kernel options are enabled.

On your screen shot it shows the type of network you are connected to how did you enable that ? Eg LTE/3G ( I am with AT&T and have signal set to use AT&T)

Ok, now we're getting into theming. When I was on 4.3, I flashed a theme from a developer. I really like it cuz it's done in blue and I like my phone with blue icons. What ur seeing are left over icons from that build. Right now he is updating the theme for our ViperOne 5.0.0 build. I'll get you the link to his thread so toy can keep an eye on it.
Also, in Hub you can select icon packs and status bar icon packs. So you can play around with the look till you're happy.

EDIT:here's the link to that dev's thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2611591

Via Operation Intrusive; stealing your private data using the unmarked NSA van parked outside

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I am the dumb one I was thinking that fast charge was included in the viper release

Here is the screenshot

http://i59.tinypic.com/6eex49.png

You're not dumb, just new. I used to think the same thing. You know now that it's included in custom kernels. If you spend some time in this site and in the xda site, toy will lean a lot. (especially in the xda site. XDA is, in my opinion, is a collection of some of the best developers for Android.)

JamesMore

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all your help now I have a little better understanding of custom roms and how kernel add-on work.XDA won't be so much over my head. I had seen viper Rom before and through it would be good to try and now with your help I have so thanks for that.

Now I need to play a little with themes to get my battery icon and network icon looking nice :)

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all your help now I have a little better understanding of custom roms and how kernel add-on work.XDA won't be so much over my head. I had seen viper Rom before and through it would be good to try and now with your help I have so thanks for that.

Now I need to play a little with themes to get my battery icon and network icon looking nice :)

ViperOne 5.0.0 has so many tweaks that got will be busy for a while.
Two things to remember, don't do to much at one time cuz when something starts screwing up you won't remember what it was that you did!
And, always have a Nandroid handy. I usually replace the current one with an updated version of I've made changes that I like and are working correctly.
Or, at least replace my backup weekly. What that she's is keep you sms's current and any small changes you've done.
As you get deeper, I'll help with suggestions as I eye em. There are a couple of apps that are a must have/need when got get into flashing ROMs, kernels, etc.
However, I think that you'll be very happy with the ViperOne ROM & the dev team. They are very talented.
Any questions, please ask.

JamesMore

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Been loving the viperone Rom one question .

I saw there is a new update I was going to try the OTA update but if I go to help about I don't see a software update option.

Looked everywhere but could not see why this might be hidden.

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

I saw there is a new update I was going to try the OTA update but if I go to help about I don't see a software update option.
Edit: sorry mate, I couldn't find anything. However, you can go to the ViperOne thread over on xda and dl the full ROM. Then you can dirty flash over your current ROM. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2334294

It's not hidden. Have you ever been advised on your phone about the OTA update? Let me try to find out what you need to do to get the notification.

Via Project Deep-Dig; Appropriation of your info since 2001 using the NSA van parked outside

Last edited:

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Someone gave me the procedure to get OTA notifications sent again.
Settings - About - Software Updates - Auto Download System Update.
Try that, reboot the phone and see what happens.
Edit: theres an OTA update for 5.5.1, do you see it? Make a nandroid first then download the OTA.

Via Project Deep-Dig; Appropriation of your info since 2001 using the NSA van parked outside

Last edited:

JamesMore

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I am on viperone v 5.0 Rom with ElementalX-m7-10.10.1 as the kernel update.

In vemon hub it says to go to settings about.

I don't see a settings / system updates

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I am on viperone v 5.0 Rom with ElementalX-m7-10.10.1 as the kernel update.

In vemon hub it says to go to settings about.

I don't see a settings / system updates

Here's what I'd do, Make a nandroid and then try a dirty flash. It's a good possibility that it loaded screwey.
With a current nandroid, you'll have a backup just in case.

Via Project Deep-Dig; Appropriation of your info since 2001 via the NSA van parked outside

JamesMore

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Running the latest version of viper I noticed that all the kernel option in the tweak settings where greyed out again. I tried to get the newer ElementalX kernel that you posted on the first page but flashed it and no change could you let me know what version I should down load based on what I am running