HTC One (M8): "Theme" Colors...can they be changed?

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
You know, the "theme colors", i.e., the one's that appear on the settings on the Auto Rotate, WiFi, Screen Brightness (etc.) widgets. Right now they are green. I also have these "theme" colors in the quick settings menu. I was wondering...can they be changed?

Also, I have the orange "theme" color for the stock music application. Can this be changed? Or are these colors standard for the updated software version the M8 is currently using?

Thanks ahead of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 "Theme" Colors...can they be changed?

I don't think you can change them individually. If you go to Settings > Personalize > Theme, you will see the preinstalled themes. The strip above the wallpaper image shows the highlight colors.

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

I don't think you can change them individually. If you go to Settings > Personalize > Theme, you will see the preinstalled themes. The strip above the wallpaper image shows the highlight colors.

Looks like that's it. Kinda a pain to change your background after each theme change, considering I only wanted to change the theme color of the buttons, and not the actual background.

But it works.

Thanks!

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Looks like that's it. Kinda a pain to change your background after each theme change, considering I only wanted to change the theme color of the buttons, and not the actual background.

But it works.

Thanks!

It should ask you if you want to use the wallpaper with the selected theme, at least it does for me. That way you don't have to change the wallpaper with each theme

Posted via Android Central App

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

It should ask you if you want to use the wallpaper with the selected theme, at least it does for me. That way you don't have to change the wallpaper with each theme

Wow. I must have sub-consciously clicked "yes", thinking it was asking if I was sure if I wanted to change the theme.

I just took a look at it and this does come up for me as well.

Awesome! Thanks.

Sim Singh5

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

Hello , I just wanted to know that the above suggested way worked for you , as I want to buy the phone but the red music player is not my preferred choice . So by switching the theme to blacker one actually changes the red to black ?? please reply as soon as possible . Thank you

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello , I just wanted to know that the above suggested way worked for you , as I want to buy the phone but the red music player is not my preferred choice . So by switching the theme to blacker one actually changes the red to black ?? please reply as soon as possible . Thank you

Edit: in the stock HTC music app, the themes do in fact change the color. So you can change the red to black, yes. There's also little things that change with it too, like in the keyboard predictive words are highlighted in the selected them color

Red music player? Which one?

As far as I can tell the themes affect the color for BlinkFeed, quick toggles, and settings menu. Might be more but that's all I can think of right now

Sim Singh5

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

Hello , So by switching the theme to blacker one actually changes the red music player to black ?? please reply as soon as possible . Thank you

Sim Singh5

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

Sorry , I meant the icon with headphones , yeah that's the one iam talking about . So , the red or orange color color can be changed rite

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Sorry , I meant the icon with headphones , yeah that's the one iam talking about . So , the red or orange color color can be changed rite

Yea I know which one your are talking about and yes, this will be the third time I've answered your question. THE ANSWER IS YES

markail1

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

But it works.

Thanks!

You don't have to change the wallpaper everytime. When the pop up asks if you want to change the wallpaper to the theme wallpaper , just tap no. It'll change the theme colors but keep your same wallpaper

access101

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

What about the keyboard? That green color is driving me crazy! I changed my theme to the dark grey, but the keyboard is still green!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Maybe just a thought this whole themes built into Sense 6.0 will be the start of something bigger with Sense 6.5 or even a future update to Sense 6.0..

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I've seen in the review video for Pocketnow that they had it once at a blue themed color. How exactly do I do that? From the 3 theme colors I see are green, orange, and, purple but he clearly had blue if I'm not mistaken. I do see a blue above where the purple theme can be selected but I have no idea if you can switch it to that exact color or not. Is it possible?

bbgguuu

May 24, 2014
Visit site
there r few htc apps tht chnge clr acrding to the selected theme fr intnce if you chose ornge theme the dialor theme becomes yellow music plyer bcmes ornge clock beecomes cyan similrly its diff for evry theme the blue theme for blinkfeed isntyet available but yes if you select blck orgreen themem the dialer theme goes blue.. if i helped ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz