HTC One M8 "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I keep receiving the error messages on my HTC One M8

"Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"
"Google play services have stopped"

Throughout the day randomly, a lot of the times when using the Youtube App or just browsing the internet. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the google play store updates and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Yoututbe app updates but I still constantly receive the error message and it is starting to get old. Any advice on what I should do it highly appreciated.

simplejunkie

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Couple of just simple steps follow them in sequence that should help you

• On you android phone go on to your settings option find the app section.

• When you select it find the the google play services in all apps select it

• Uninstall the updates before the if you have apps administrating your phone you will have to disable it

• Uninstall the updates wait for it to finish

• Then disable it by selecting disable this whole process may take some time so patience is the key

• Once its done restart your phone

• Enable it again the same way you disabled it

• You will have notifications stating some google apps need you to update your google play services to be up to date

• Don’t do any thing start by going to your default browser go to google and manually search for google play services and search

• It will be the first thing to pop upon top select it and it will ask you to install go ahead

• With all your credentials when it s done again re start your phone

• Once restarted there will be some that have to updated go ahead with it

• your done for the last and final time time restart the the phone to a save all the changes you have done

that should solve you problem

mariee071330

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I bought a phone it was factory reset, it takes me to the page where you can get started after selection the language you want it in, and then takes you to the wifi, I connected to my wifi and this same thing keeps popping up and when I press next after pressing okay it wont go any further just takes me back to the wifi. What can I do????

Tanvir Ahmed9

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
,how can i solved ,this problem

I keep receiving the error messages on my HTC One M8

"Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"
"Google play services have stopped"

Throughout the day randomly, a lot of the times when using the Youtube App or just browsing the internet. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the google play store updates and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Yoututbe app updates but I still constantly receive the error message and it is starting to get old. Any advice on what I should do it highly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandon35

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me too, for the time being. I kept getting several error messages that would pop up every 1-3 seconds, making it near impossible to operate my phone.

collepca

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I spent half of my day looking for a solution. Tried everything in tutorials and youtube videos.
Finallly tried this tip and it finally worked!!! Thank you soooo much, man!!!

Shauna Malcolm

May 14, 2019
Visit site
It's not sowing me the option to disable. It is grayed out.

Couple of just simple steps follow them in sequence that should help you

• On you android phone go on to your settings option find the app section.

• When you select it find the the google play services in all apps select it

• Uninstall the updates before the if you have apps administrating your phone you will have to disable it

• Uninstall the updates wait for it to finish

• Then disable it by selecting disable this whole process may take some time so patience is the key

• Once its done restart your phone

• Enable it again the same way you disabled it

• You will have notifications stating some google apps need you to update your google play services to be up to date

• Don’t do any thing start by going to your default browser go to google and manually search for google play services and search

• It will be the first thing to pop upon top select it and it will ask you to install go ahead

• With all your credentials when it s done again re start your phone

• Once restarted there will be some that have to updated go ahead with it

• your done for the last and final time time restart the the phone to a save all the changes you have done

that should solve you problem