HTC trade up--- ANYONE get any updates yet??

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Just fyi, I emailed a few times. I NEVER got a reasonable answer, just told to check the website-- that was the ONE time they bothered to reply. The website NEVER acknowledged the receipt of the phone or that anything was sent. Horrid customer service. That said, I got my card almost exactly one month post mail-in for the amount promised. So, whatever.

Yes, I sent the charger and whatever else I had for the phone. They specifically said in the instructions that it was only required if asked for in the estimate, but I sent it just to be safe.

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i got my card yesterday and used a square card reader to transfer it to my bank account minus the 2.5% fee or whatever it is. my online status never changed.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Mailed mine in on April 23, still no update on site if they got it and just checked the mailbox, no card.
So I wait longer.

scooter4598

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
it's a scam and not even from HTC. Received my Visa card yesterday from Clover Wireless in GA. the amount was not indicated on the paper that came with the card. Once I activated it online I saw it was for $33. My phone was 6 months old; not a scratch on it and it still had the screen protector on it. My phone worked fine and I only traded it because of this offer. too good to be true...yep! Fraud and of course, there is no one to be contacted. BBB maybe?

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
it's a scam and not even from HTC. Received my Visa card yesterday from Clover Wireless in GA. the amount was not indicated on the paper that came with the card. Once I activated it online I saw it was for $33. My phone was 6 months old; not a scratch on it and it still had the screen protector on it. My phone worked fine and I only traded it because of this offer. too good to be true...yep! Fraud and of course, there is no one to be contacted. BBB maybe?

Got mine yesterday and after what I read what you posted, I just activated mine. It's for $100, just like they said . Hope you get it straightened out.

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Did you validate that your trade-in phone was valued at the full $100? I know 2 of my 3 spares weren't, but my wife's old BB Style was, so that's the one I traded in for the maximum value on the card.

The deal wasn't just 'Any' phone got you $100...there was a trade-in valuation tool that told you what the phone was worth to them...for example, I think my son's old Optimus S was only $20 or less, and my Kyocera Echo was like $48...so we sent in the old BB Style.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you validate that your trade-in phone was valued at the full $100? I know 2 of my 3 spares weren't, but my wife's old BB Style was, so that's the one I traded in for the maximum value on the card.

The deal wasn't just 'Any' phone got you $100...there was a trade-in valuation tool that told you what the phone was worth to them...for example, I think my son's old Optimus S was only $20 or less, and my Kyocera Echo was like $48...so we sent in the old BB Style.

Well the deal was any phone would be worth at least $100. I would have sent in an Optimus but I got hung up on the "last active phone" bit and sent that in.

Sent from my Touchpad Android

scooter4598

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
yes, i got the the $100 validated for the trade in. I talked to HTC and they said it's not their problem or program and would not help me. It was handled for them by a 3rd party and I have not been able to reach anyone there...not surprising.

GeekOneX

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I got a mail to trade-up my old phone within 19th June. Need some information.
Are these things enough for the trade up ??

Old cell phone, The shipping voucher and Valid proof of purchase for new HTC ONE..
Address : HTC Trade Up Program
794 Industrial Court
Bloomfield Hills MI 48302-9989

How we need to send to them, is it through USPS or any private shipment like UPS or FEDEX ?? i think postage will be paid by them..

Tim Hitchings

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Call the Clover trade-in program at 855 431 3704
Spoke to a rep. Gave her my last name and my htc trade up estimate id and she confirmed phone received and being processed.
Forget about the htc trade up site as it's not being updated.

Hey everyone,

I am in the same boat as you guys.
Here is a suggestion. Call clover wireless at 800 863 8023
or 248-335-0440

I will be calling them tomorrow morning and will update you guys.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Received my money in the mail today for the amount of the evaluation for my old phone. This was a very sweet deal. :)

fusionjazz

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
This program has only shown signs of FRAUD! If anyone has a suggestion for me where to report this, it will be highly appreciated.

I bought my HTC One back in April, heavily motivated by the trade-up program that promised me $100 for my old phone. So I did my homework, obtained the $100 quote for my HTC Dash 3G, packed tested it, made sure it's in good condition, packed it in a fully padded box and shipped it. Afterwards it was radio silence from Clover Wireless/HTC for a month.

So I inquired multiple times and received useless information, none of them negative. Finally June 14th (1.5 moths after I shipped the phone) they sent me an Email saying that I'll receive my refund within the next 30 days.

And then came August and I haven't received anything. So I inquired (again), this time they told me that my refund was rejected because the old phone came damaged to them. This makes absolutely no sense! Of course there is no way to contact them and hold anyone accountable, which extremely frustrates me.

Anyone who is considering this program, STAY AWAY!

My complete Email history with them:

*8/6/2013 Response from HTC

Thank you for your email.

Per the terms and conditions listed on the website, the reward card could only be offered for eligible devices that are fully functional with no liquid or screen damage. Your device arrived with damage to the screen and therefore is not eligible to receive the reward.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please contact us with any questions or for further information.

**Per the terms the offer, a device cannot be returned once it is processed.

Thank you.

Customer Service

*8/1/2013 Inquiry

On June 14 I finally received news that my visa card is on the way and will arrive within 30days. I haven't received anything and it has been significantly over 30 days. This process has been extremely poor. I have sent 2 inquiries on this topic without any helpful answers. The HTC phone as purchased in April (4 months ago!) How much longer is this going to take? Please give me proper information I can hold on to.

*6/14/2013 Email from HTC

Congratulations!

We hope you are enjoying your new HTC smartphone. We wanted to let you know your HTC Trade Up refund for your old phone is on its way! You should receive it within 30 days.
You can check the status of your trade in any time. Or if you have any questions, please see our FAQs or contact Customer Service.
Thank you for partnering with us to recycle your old phone in a smart, simple and safe way!

*5/30/2013 Response from HTC

Thank you for your email inquiry.

Your phone is still being processed in our facility. Please allow time for the phone to be processed and analyzed and also allow time to process your refund. If you have any other questions please contact us.

Thank you,

Mary

*05/29/2013 Inquiry

I have opened a ticket# with an inquiry to the trade-in program. I have been promised a response by May 20th and have yet to receive one. Allow me to restate my problem: I have bought an HTC One and registered to the trade-up program and received a quote code:# Soon afterwards, I followed the instructions on the page, printed out the voucher & shipping label and shipped my old phone (HTC dash 3G) on April 25, 2013. The tracking number on the label was: # A month later, whenever I check my status on your site, it states that you are awaiting the used phone, which I have sent over a month ago. Please give me a proper status of the shipment or a contact number I can dial. Thank you.

*5/20/2013 Response from HTC

Thank you for the inquiry.

You can return to HTC Trade Up Program. Or HTC Trade Up Program (if in Canada) and click on either ?returning customer? or ?login status?. You can then utilize the personal ID, tracking number, or your promo code to check your status.

Your tracking number is #

Your personal ID is 7 digits and the promo code is case sensitive with letters and numbers.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

*5/17/2013 Inquiry

I have bought an HTC One and registered to the trade-up program and received a quote code:# Soon afterwards, I followed the instructions on the page, printed out the voucher & shipping label and shipped my old phone (HTC dash 3G) on April 25, 2013. The tracking number on the label was: # However, I have not received any receipt or any info, indicating that the phone has arrived at HTC. Moreover, when I checked on the HTC Trade Up Program site and entered my quote code, a page appeared and states that HTC is still waiting to receive my old phone. Is there another way to track the status of my phone? Thank you.

dano_tech

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I received my $100 last week. Cashed it in no problem. Actually used it to purchase a new nexus 7!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I only sell to gazelle... That is the only company I trust.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I've sent my phone in two weeks ago, still NO update from the trade in program. I emailed them, still no answer. Has Anyone gotten any updates at ALL? Even just a notice that they received it?? I'm starting to get annoyed.

I received my Visa gift card on 7/19 and had frequent email communication with HTC throughout the process so I am speaking from personal experience. With regard to them answering my emails - they were always timely (never took more than 48-hrs. to respond) and thorough in their answers. As far as receiving the card I would have preferred to get it a bit sooner but it did arrive within 2-mos which is what they tell you from in the beginning so I have no complaints with the overall process at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smita05