Huawei P20 Lite won't let me open any apps

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've been having an issue with my phone since yesterday. Initially my phone was fine aside from Facebook and Messenger apps (Messenger opened and crashed on the loading screen continually, and Facebook was stuck on the loading screen). When I turned my phone off and on again to see if it would resolve the issue, this then caused most of my apps to stop working (bar the system clock and weather apps). Any system apps such as Contacts and Phone will open momentarily to a white screen and immediately shut down. The rest of the apps, when tapped on, say "Preparing apps. Try again in a moment." no matter how long I leave my phone.

I am able to load up my settings but when I go to press some of them it doesn't respond. I went to try and reset network settings etc. to see if it would make a difference but once I'd put my pin in it would just not respond to me pressing to proceed.

I also cannot retrieve any data when plugged into my PC as it's no longer recognising my phone (it's telling me that the USB device malfunctioned) and the Huawei backup app on my phone is refusing to load. Does anyone have any suggestions about what might be causing the issue and how to overcome it? I'd really like to avoid a hard reset if I can as some recent documents have not been backed up.

aamba

Mar 21, 2020
Visit site
Hi Galactic Zoo,

I tried that but I'm not sure if it's doing anything - it immediately goes to 40% when wiping the partition and then 100% about 1 second later. I've restarted my phone after and the same issue persists.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So you already tried Safe Mode and wiping the cache partition, right? Just because it didn't work for the previous posters doesn't mean it isn't worth trying.

pantovic

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
I've tried almost everything. Safe mode, wipe cashe few times. Third party software, but I can not enable debugging mode because when I type my pin it just exit. Also tried to disable password protection, reset app permissions, and many other options. Only option that I didn't try is factory reset because I have 100 GB of files which I don't want to lose. To me it seems like sofware glitch but I can not believe that nobody had the same problem and that huawei support center doesn't know how to resolve this issue. Almost every solution is to do a factory reset and for me this is the last option.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
See what happens if you go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, then select Huawei Mobile Services and clear its app cache/data. (I think HMS is Huawei's analog to Google Play Services.)

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards