I Can't Add an Avatar

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I click on my account-change avatar and see this:

Clipboard01.jpg

1.There is nothing in my gallery because I see no gallery under my acct or how to create one.
2.So I tried to drag and drop a picture from my computer. That didn't work.
3.I clicked on the help link but all I get is a "page not found".
4.I disabled Adblock Plus on the entire site.
5.I'm probably going to be so embarrassed when someone points out how simple it is :-[
6.Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're on your computer, right? It doesn't work well if you're trying to do that on the tablet browser.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Probably too large but what I need to know is, does the site have member galleries? If so, does the picture need to come from my gallery? Where is my gallery option? Or should you be able to drag and drop from your computer? If YOU chose to change your avatar, do you get the exact same image I included in this thread or do you have pictures to choose from?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Your personal gallery just stores whatever pictures you place as an avatar. So if you set picture #1 as an avatar, then replace it with a new picture #2 from your computer in a month, picture #1 will still be in your personal gallery on the AC website.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for reporting this! We've tracked down a bug and fixed it :)
Thanks Mike! I'm just thankful it wasn't me :D
The picture is 1152x820. I thought if I made the dimensions smaller more of the photo
would show but that's not the case, just better quality if I keep the larger size.
Thank you to all that replied.
Monica

Danny X-Ray

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Great! I can see your avatar now. Is that a self-portrait?

Yep! Me, from about five years back. Painted by a local artist who was scouring coffee shops for potential "models" ... though I do feel silly using that word in reference to myself! :)

{edited one minute later}
But not a "self-portrait" as in "doing it myself", which may be what you meant.

Sent via Cyberspace

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
OK changed avatar via nexus7 on desktop site. Avatar changed on mobile and desktop as can be viewed via nexus 7 but it won't/has not changed on my nexus5??? any ideas? also drag pic won't work on the nexus5 even though there are two items in the gallery.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu