I have an iPad mini and a Note 8: No contest

Mary Hazlett

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Just an app note: you mention national park maps. Check out Chimani*apps-national parks. Also, Audubon*apps*for birds, trees, flowers, etc. Some on Amazon*apps*but most in play store. Excellent!

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: I have an Ipad mini and a Note 8: No contest

How is the build quality in comparison? Did Samsung use all plastics with it? I was in looking at some Samsung tablets and that was my only complaint - didn't feel as premium as I would have liked.

Thoughts?

After having both myself too, I have to admit the ipad mini has a better build quality, but the note 8 beats it in every other way

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Calorific action needed:The note 8 DOES or DOES NOT have an SD card slot. I'm not seeing it listed on the website? Thx

Kattz

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
My contract is up on my original Samsung Galaxy Tab and my choices with Bell are the iPad 4, iPad mini or the Galaxy Note 8.

I already have a Note II and I love it. I don't think that it is cheaply built at all. Plastic isn't such a bad thing these days. Think about it. Otterboxes are made out of plastic. Look how tough they are.

If the plastic body of the Note 8 is your biggest concern about purchasing one, don't let that stop you. You are going to put something on it to protect it. I bought an Otterbox Commuter for the Note II and I find that it is much easier to hang on to.

I would buy the Note 8 in a second if I didn't already have the Note II. It's just a bigger version with a couple of extra features. I definitely don't want the iPad Mini and I'm not so sure that I want the iPad 4. The 2014 Note 10 blows the iPad 4 out of the water, so I think I'll wait for the Note 8 2014.

Thomas Steuver

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I had an ExoPC Windows 7 Slate computer but sold it and bought the Note 8.0. The ExoPC was great for what it did being Windows 7 on a large tablet (10+" widescreen) but the unit was heavier, short battery life, and had its own UI that had very little app support. I even upgraded it to Windows 8 but put Windows 7 back on after a bad experience with 8. The move to the Note 8.0 was great. I have a Galaxy S3 so was already working in Android so the Note 8.0 was no problem. The weight and size are perfect. I have it with me always.