I just want to THANK everyone here!!!

anon(582445)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I am new here to Android Central, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but it was specifically these forums that helped me. I got an LG Optimus S and used another source (my buddy at work) to get it rooted. He told me all about rooting, how it was sooooo cool and all the neat stuff you could do with your android phone like enabling WiFi tethering and such. Well long story short with the use of Gingersnap and Rom Manager he managed to BRICK my phone. I was pissed. The Sprint store wouldn't help me because I had already swapped over to my back-up phone ( a Blackberry :( ) so I wouldn't miss my important calls from work ( long story ). So I did some searching on the Internet and came across this place here. I looked and searched and tried to find my answers probing every thread I could. It came down to LOTS of trial and ERROR and finally I was able to get my phone unbricked I had to use a combo of 5 different threads ( listed below ) I know I did not ask any questions or send any PMs but I just read posts from everyone and followed all of the steps and I had success. I thank you all here because if it hadn't been for you and your knowledge I would have to be stuck without my new phone. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

The threads I used to accomplish unbrick are in the next post due to posting rules.

PS: If anyone is wondering how I used these 5 threads together just PM me and I will be happy to tell you it is just too long of a procedure to put all in one thread.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Now that's what I'm talking about!! Congrats on unbricking your phone after a ROM MANAGER mishap of all things.

Note to everyone:

See what happens when you take your time and do some research.

Once again OP, great job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harper99