i officially broke my evo... damn!!

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well cant say I'm surprised as I went through 4 EVO 3d's in about 11mo time. Over the weekend I went camping and was stoked to take some pics and using it out doors. Well woke up Sunday in a bit of a daze not knowing where I last saw my phone thanks to all the alcohol I consumed. I eventually found it on the floor and it appeared to seem ok. BUT... Looking at it closely I some how bent the aluminium frame starting from the left part of the phone decreasing to the right. I also noticed a burn in to the lower left corner of my screen which didn't seem bad until I noticed it even worse in bright colored pics. I wish I knew exactly what happened to see how tough it is but hey the screen is still intact even after the bent and twisted frame. Sooo... What am I to do?? Well luckily I bought my phone through BB and will be getting a new phone right away. I am going to have to wait a bit probably a wk or so as stock is still scarce. Will post pic when I can so you can get an idea of the damage my poor EVO suffered.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Lol! It's still fully functional at this point but yeah I can even keep my phone new for 2 weeks without braking it. Probably should get a case for my new one but cases kind of annoy me as I only use skins.

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
A case!! i think u need to wrap it in bubble wrap 5 inches thick that might keep it safe for a month lol :beer:

from my HTC evo lte that was smuggled through customs in a kilo of cocaine

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
And people wonder why insurance and deductables are so unreasonable. I never damaged my Palm Pre, my Evo OG, my Evo 3D, and (knock on wood) Evo LTE.

Really, people that are more careful should have a 100% deductible wave after a few years.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Well cant say I'm surprised as I went through 4 EVO 3d's in about 11mo time. Over the weekend I went camping and was stoked to take some pics and using it out doors. Well woke up Sunday in a bit of a daze not knowing where I last saw my phone thanks to all the alcohol I consumed. I eventually found it on the floor and it appeared to seem ok. BUT... Looking at it closely I some how bent the aluminium frame starting from the left part of the phone decreasing to the right. I also noticed a burn in to the lower left corner of my screen which didn't seem bad until I noticed it even worse in bright colored pics. I wish I knew exactly what happened to see how tough it is but hey the screen is still intact even after the bent and twisted frame. Sooo... What am I to do?? Well luckily I bought my phone through BB and will be getting a new phone right away. I am going to have to wait a bit probably a wk or so as stock is still scarce. Will post pic when I can so you can get an idea of the damage my poor EVO suffered.

Binge drinking and taking an EVO 4G camping. Do you want us to feel sorry for you? More like, not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Some phones are ruggedized and made for the outdoors, like the Motorola Defy. The EVO 4G is NOT one of those phones. You should've had it in a hard case and at least stashed it in the glove compartment when you weren't using the camera.

BTW, saying you went through 4 phones in 11 months isn't really something to boast about. It makes you appear like a nitwit who makes things harder for the rest of us.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Binge drinking and taking an EVO 4G camping. Do you want us to feel sorry for you? More like, not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Some phones are ruggedized and made for the outdoors, like the Motorola Defy. The EVO 4G is NOT one of those phones. You should've had it in a hard case and at least stashed it in the glove compartment when you weren't using the camera.
BTW, saying you went through 4 phones in 11 months isn't really something to boast about. It makes you appear like a nitwit who makes things harder for the rest of us.

Seriously!? Who the F@#& are you to tell someone when and where to take soneones phone!? This is my property and if I so want to take it somewhere where you don't see fit WHO CARES!! The only reason why I posted this is to show how well the screen handled all the bending and twisting. Now get off your high horse and troll somewhere else.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
How much is BB charging you for a new phone??

It's not costing me a dime! This why I refuse to buy from anywhere else. BB protection plan cost 10/mo and there's no questions asked on why or how you broke it. If they can't fix it they replace it with a new device.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol! Sorry Mr. Moderator, maybe I should have phrased my reply differently! I meant to say the gentleman abusing his phone is costing us careful, hard working people, extra money we don't have! He is failing to see our point!

Sent from my LTEVO that hasn't been abused using Android Central Forums

Reactions: kmmill00

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
It's not costing me a dime! This why I refuse to buy from anywhere else. BB protection plan cost 10/mo and there's no questions asked on why or how you broke it. If they can't fix it they replace it with a new device.

Too bad Best Buy doesn't employ smartphone actuaries, ie alcoholic, takes high end phone into woods, semi 'tarded = $50/mo insurance, is what you actually deserve.

But this is America right, so I can't tell you nothing right? YEEHAWWW!!

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Too bad Best Buy doesn't employ smartphone actuaries, ie alcoholic, takes high end phone into woods, semi 'tarded = $50/mo insurance, is what you actually deserve.

But this is America right, so I can't tell you nothing right? YEEHAWWW!!

So now I'm an alcoholic!? Lol damn you have some nerve. Your probably some square singled man with absolutely no life what so ever who has never once had a great time with friends and females around. But Hey its ok though you need to get your kicks somewhere right? Let me help you out some more then. Damn right I took my phone out and plan on taking it to Vegas this weekend where guess what???? Yup will be partying some more and dare I say alcohol will be present. Damn some people just crack me up! Lol!!!

Reactions: droidmyme

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com

Oh yeah, that's right! Forgot 'bout dat. It'd be nice if they'd cover lost/stolen devices w/ a deductible though. While I haven't yet lost my cell in a bar/club, it could definitely happen!

P.S.
Have fun in Vegas!

Last edited:

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
So now I'm an alcoholic!? Lol damn you have some nerve. Your probably some square singled man with absolutely no life what so ever who has never once had a great time with friends and females around. But Hey its ok though you need to get your kicks somewhere right? Let me help you out some more then. Damn right I took my phone out and plan on taking it to Vegas this weekend where guess what???? Yup will be partying some more and dare I say alcohol will be present. Damn some people just crack me up! Lol!!!

Lol. Ok ok, you made your point. I never said u shouldn't take the phone out. I meant that taking it camping, plus drinking so much you can't remember what happened = stupid move.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah, that's right! Forgot 'bout dat. It'd be nice if they'd cover lost/stolen devices w/ a deductible though. While I haven't yet lost my cell in a bar/club, it could definitely happen!

P.S.
Have fun in Vegas!
Yeah I have another story for that but I think I've said enough. Thanks I will be def have fun and making my rounds full of pics on all the gorgeous ladies out there lol. Oh and I'll post pic tomorrow on what my phone looks like. Pretty impressed that the glass didnt shatter or crack.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well.... There goes 5 minutes I'll never get back...

Sent from my ALL NEW HTC Evo 4G LTE!!
Yeah my apologies as it got carried away from what I originally posted. But you know how these threads go sometimes. Some people just type what they want here and it throws off the whole thread for a while. Again pics are coming