I phone to Nexus 5

nyyankees8175

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I recently had Verizon I phone 5 switched over to AT&T and activated my Nexus 5 today. Now my wife has a I phone but since I used to have I message everyone that has me stored in there phone, its not sending the message and saying not delivered. How is this fixed?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Make sure those friends who have iPhones delete your threads on their phones too.

Scribbled on my Note 3, baddest smartphone on the planet.

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
You had them delete your thread AND start a new one and still no luck? I switched also from iPhone 5 and everyone has told me no issues. They might have to turn off iMessage and start a new thread. It doesn't seem like it should that much of a pain but that might work.

Posted via Android Central App

c0rbindallas

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed this has become more of a problem in switching between iOS and android mainly because of ios7. By default if imessage is active, iOS7 unchecks 'send as SMS' if imessage is unavailable. This causes problems in sending messages between people who previously had iphones and made the switch to android. In order to fix this have your family/friends etc make sure they go to settings>messages and then check the box 'send as SMS'. This, in combination with deleting old message threads should solve your problem. Now the phone will recognize that imessage isn't available to that user who made the switch and it will send as a regular SMS instead. I also made the switch from an ip5s and had this issue and this seemed to solve it!

Posted via Android Central App

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just went through this issue, reset your password to your apple ID and it will wipe whatever was connected to your imessage. I just did this and its working perfectly now.