I set up a Google account for my daughter

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I set up a Google account for my daughter and it linked her account to a stranger now I can't access anything niether can she and I factory data wiped it but it still will not let me access anything without this strangers account password

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Did you buy the device used or new? unless her account password was compromised, I cannot see how it could be linked to a stranger's. Now if the device was used, you would not be able to get on it without the previous owner's account being deleted. But you said you need to wipe it so that possibility is out. Sounds like you will have to go through Google to get help on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like a used phone with the old owner's Google account still on it, and no lock screen. You'll have to have the old owner remove his/her Google account from the phone, then you can do a factory reset. (As long as the old account is there, you'll need the password for that account to do a factory reset. Removing the account also requires the account's password.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with all of the above. Hopefully the OP is on the level with us and the issue is with a used phone. If not, then wow, this would be a new approach to asking about how to break into someone else's phone.:-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere