I want to switch from the iPhone 5 to Moto X but I am nervous about it. has anyone switched?

kae9797

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: i want to switch from the iPhone 5 to moto X but i a nervous about it. has anyone switched?

I would like to know if the Op stuck with the Moto X or if he went back to the land of Apple.....

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: i want to switch from the iPhone 5 to moto X but i a nervous about it. has anyone switched?

I'm not the OP but I made the switch over a month ago and haven't looked back. I love my Moto X. The only thing I do not like about this phone is the horrible camera.

lanzfernandez

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I'm not really a switcher. I still need my iPhone because of ecosystem. But my Moto X is my daily driver. It's nice to own both platform. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Go for moto x and you'll never regret it. Android is the best but still I need iOS from time to time.

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I've switched between both several times for different reasons but I'm back in a x and plan to stay

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I have the moto x and I have one HUGE!!! gripe. You can only see 3 lines of the text that you are sending. so you continually have to scroll through your text to see it. Also no directional arrows to move through your message to correct or add. Only a marker that you manually move around, that is overly sensitive. I have only got the marker to the right place about 6 times. So I have to move it as close to in front of where I want to be and delete back to where I want to go. Than retype/speak what I want it to say. Amazing poor design, honestly, texting programming on this phone is a total failure, needs to be completely redesigned. if you text a lot and send more than 3 lines texts you will be extremely frustrated with moto x. I found an app that will gives me 4 lines of text, but haven't found an app that works like most phones, where you actually see all of your text. for this reason alone I HATE this phone. If I can't find a app to fix this stupid, intentional design flaw I will be looking for a new phone.

Other than that I really, really do like the phone, but only seeing 3 lines of text is a deal breaker. Love drive mode that reads your incoming texts to you, if you respond "yes" to read test automated question. Also will connect incoming calls if you accept them But, don't like how the play lists are displayed, minor though.

Any body know of an app that will display all of the text u are sending?

Have you tried rotating the phone 90 degrees in your hand? You can then see five lines.

Jeremy Pippin

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

I switched directly from the iPhone 5 to the Moto X and it was a great switch. I'm a mobile product manager, so I use my device a lot, and am a very discriminating user. I had expected to miss some things about my iPhone, but so far, not so much.

Active notifications were a bit of a game-changer for me in the way I interact with my phone. Touchless control = meh, it's okay. The battery life is much better, and stock KitKat is, in my opinion, just a better experience than iOS 7.

I had expected to want to customize a lot to make it behave more like my iPhone, but as it turns out I found Android to be more intuitive than iOS. In fact, most of the stuff I do customize is to get rid of the things that bugged me about iOS that I couldn't fix on that platform.

As for apps, there aren't as many upstarts on Android as iOS, but for the most part I've been shifting towards cross-platform apps for most of my stuff anyway: Simplenote, Gmail, Dropbox, Google Docs, Wunderlist, etc.

All things considered, there's no way I could go back to an iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981