mulishaman187

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am currently s-on, unlocked, Amon-RA, rooted, no custom rom just stock GB. The only think I need root for is tethering and Titanium. If I do the update I assume it will break root, will my phone remain unlocked with Amon RA or does it screw everything up. I just want to easily go back to being able to tether more than anything as I'm on the road for 2 weeks at a time.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
You can't accept the OTA while you're unlocked, my suggestion is to re-lock, apply the 3.14.605.12 RUU, unlock again and re-root. Hmm it'd be wonderful if someone put together guides for this stuff...

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I relocked but I got the security warning in hboot and it won't let me go past it. What now?

As much as I enjoy Mr. Smith's sarcasm......he has a point. He has made plenty of guides for this. Ignor the security warning. It's normal. If you modified ANYTHING from stock, you will get that warning. No big deal. Go ahead and flash the RUU.....twice. Remember, your phone will be completely wiped when you run the RUU so back up now. Unlock after you've run the RUU since the phone will be completely wiped again with the unlock process.

mulishaman187

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I went thru every guide I could find. My issue is, I can't get out of hboot. It wont go to the splash screen, it wont go to recovery. Once I unlock again it all works fine, then when I re-lock it all goes to hell. What am I doing wrong or missing?

mulishaman187

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok figured it out I think..when I try to open the zip in windows it says its an invalid file. Now I just need to find a different version of it.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
When you re-lock the bootloader it won't boot again because your recovery partition doesn't match the stock partition. When you re-lock you have to run the RUU otherwise you will never boot(without unlocking)

mulishaman187

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I finally got it yesterday. Yes I was renaming it, I just had a bad download of the ruu. Once I re-downloaded it worked fine. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777