ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

rafavarium

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, I decided to keep Gingerbread for now (for some reason it does feel laggy) and kept the IceSpeed. I installed Go Launcher and I love the look of it now, and consumes less memory (dont ask me how though), hehe.

I will be keeping an eye on the custom ICS Roms.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I used to be really annoyed by the lags and bugs after the update to ICS but once i did a factory reset everything is smooth again. Yes, I had to spend hours personalizing and downloading all the apps again but it was worth it.

Reactions: The dood

The dood

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I used to be really annoyed by the lags and bugs after the update to ICS but once i did a factory reset everything is smooth again. Yes, I had to spend hours personalizing and downloading all the apps again but it was worth it.

I second that motion.

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

jabbajawz

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It's always going to be laggy and buggy when you flash over what is already there. That is why when flashing a custom rom they have you wipe data first... Just like computers it's always better to do a clean install than an upgrade. In the case of android, reset the phone after the OTA so that you have fresh ICS...

bobk444

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Is this OTA really as much of a disaster as it sounds? Not sure I will update my wife's Design.

Hi Mitch,

I suggest to keep Gingerbread. This OTA is laggy & slower than GB. I tried factory reset, but still it shows same signs. I had to disable few UI animations, which reduced the laggyness somewhat, but still it is there.

I am not sure why is it so, may be Sense 3.6 is not correctly optimized on this device.

I also wonder why HTC didn't provided Sense 4.0. My friend has HTC One V, which runs on
ICS with HTC Sense 4.0 ... and honestly it is so smooth & easy.

HTC Evo Design 4G has far better specs than HTC One V ... still no Sense 4.0 :-\

Reactions: joshua.worth

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi Mitch,

I suggest to keep Gingerbread. This OTA is laggy & slower than GB. I tried factory reset, but still it shows same signs. I had to disable few UI animations, which reduced the laggyness somewhat, but still it is there.

I am not sure why is it so, may be Sense 3.6 is not correctly optimized on this device.

I also wonder why HTC didn't provided Sense 4.0. My friend has HTC One V, which runs on
ICS with HTC Sense 4.0 ... and honestly it is so smooth & easy.

HTC Evo Design 4G has far better specs than HTC One V ... still no Sense 4.0 :-\

Huh, thanks. That sucks since I was telling her I expect it to speed up the Design and be more battery efficient.
Trying to convince her we should get a nexus 7, since she wants an iPad, so this isn't helping. Nor are our two relatively inadequate Kindle Fires.
The love-hate of life on Android...

chrism8922@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Our OTA has been a disaster. It is super slow with less customization at our disposal (for instance, the four app shortcuts on the lockscreen seem to be set with no option to customize). My wife liked the "Sense" UI, and it is long gone. Factory Reset did nothing - in fact, it runs slower now.

Buggy, laggy, and every action is hidden under numerous menus. It looks and performs nothing like the phone we just paid multiple hundreds of dollars to get. Sprint Store told us to pound sand.

Thanks a lot, Sprint & HTC. I don't mind an update, but it destroyed a perfectly good phone that we are contracted to keep for another year and a half - with no option to return.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
(edit) Is it really this bad for everyone? What the hell is going on with this device update?

Should Phil post something on AC about this issue? Please?

There are also a lot of issues from a recent EVO LTE update, so HTC isn't too popular in my house at the moment.

Sent via EVO LTE

Last edited:

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Not everyone has issues this bad for their sprint evo design. I'm one of the people whom accepted the update and had a good install. There's always lag after you install a major update but it usually evens out after you use it for a while. I noticed that setting the apps to automatically close or exit makes the phone restart, so unchecking that option solves some of the force closing and restarts.

I do however get an occasional g-app force close, but it never affects my normal usage so its not a big deal to me. :)

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

anon(92179)

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I've done a factory reset, updated prl and profile, uninstalled unused apps and even cleared temporary files and deleted unused files on the sd card. It helped but still experiencing 'the lag' between operations, ie. hitting buttons and waiting for action/rendering, gmail especially annoying wait, even hitting menu>>settings :-( . like the new features but... am reading some are getting replacement phones from sprint.

Reactions: The dood

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I experience heavy lag from my evo design and I didn't know I'm able to get replacements but since this phone is eol what phone are they offering you guys? The lag at times is just unbearable amd its little roms for this phone.

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz