[ICS][4.0.4][4/2] Official IMM76K Update Thread for the VZW GNex

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ICS][4.0.4] Official IMM76K Update Thread for the VZW GNex

Oh, I have no problem with rooting or unlocking devices, but my work denies our phones on our Enterprise mobile management software if they are unlocked or rooted.
That was my primary reason to try the work around.

Eventually I will just give in and root the device though. I can't wait on those radios and software updates forever...

Thanks.

I was in the same boat. I used the strifejester method without unlocking or rooting. Good enterprise still worked after the update.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

^^^^As The Dude would say, "that's a bummer man." Totally understand the work issue.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I have no problem with rooting or unlocking devices, but my work denies our phones on our Enterprise mobile management software if they are unlocked or rooted.
That was my primary reason to try the work around.

Eventually I will just give in and root the device though. I can't wait on those radios and software updates forever...

Thanks.

How do they know if it's unlocked and/or rooted?

Brandon

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

How do they know if it's unlocked and/or rooted?

Brandon

Most MDM products can detect a jailbroken or Rooted device and take some type of action. I'm the Good admin at my office and I catch devices from time to time.

psunami

May 28, 2011
Visit site

Airwatch agent that runs on the device can detect it. Not sure how it does, but if the phone is rooted, it will not allow connection to the company email, etc.

sparkey949

May 23, 2012
Visit site

Thanks a million! Sick of waiting for an update from VZW that'll probably never come.
Updated and working great, the improvements are profound!
Thanks again!!!

Reactions: dmmarck

ruh-roh-raggy

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

I have updated the original post with the new OTA package. It appears that this is the same exact OTA package from before, so we'll see if they take it down. As always, the mirrors will be active.

http://www.androidcentral.com/third-time-charm-ota-package-verizon-galaxy-nexus-now-available-google

I could be wrong, but unless I had some sort of download mishap when this was leaked a few weeks ago, this new file appears to be bigger. The previous download shows 29,881KB, but this latest file shows 40,750KB. As I said, my download could have been wonky. Dunno.

huxley_knew

May 5, 2012
Visit site

I could be wrong, but unless I had some sort of download mishap when this was leaked a few weeks ago, this new file appears to be bigger. The previous download shows 29,881KB, but this latest file shows 40,750KB. As I said, my download could have been wonky. Dunno.
If yours is wonky, then so is mine. 40,750 here as well.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ICS][4.0.4][5/23] Official IMM76K Update Thread for the VZW

Nope think you're right... I remember the last one being around 30kb as well.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Weird, both of mine are showing 41.7 on my Mac.

This one - 41,727,304 bytes
Old one - 41,727,304 bytes

Edit: Also downloaded from one the mirrors; same size again. I'll open up her guts after my movie :).

If any third party can do a similar comparison be my guest, I would greatly appreciate it. Perhaps the ghost of Jobs is toying with me? ;)

I keed I keed

Last edited:

ruh-roh-raggy

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, guys! Maybe the older DL borked on me. I don't know much about md5's except to be sure they match. :confused: When Google pulled then reposted the file, would that in any way change the md5? Those dmmarck posted above are so close to being the same. Does that mean that Google made a change?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, guys! Maybe the older DL borked on me. I don't know much about md5's except to be sure they match. :confused: When Google pulled then reposted the file, would that in any way change the md5? Those dmmarck posted above are so close to being the same. Does that mean that Google made a change?

They are the same, I forgot a b, my apologies lol

I updated the md5 post. I typed them out digit by digit, so yeah, clearly my vision is terrible when reading in Root Explorer :p

Reactions: ruh-roh-raggy

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Good eye man... took me three times to catch that :p

I updated the md5 post. I typed them out digit by digit, so yeah, clearly my vision is terrible when reading in Root Explorer :p
Figured it was a typo... had we worried there for a second ;)

ruh-roh-raggy

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

:) No prob! Thanks for doing all that checking.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Good eye man... took me three times to catch that :p

Figured it was a typo... had we worried there for a second ;)

I blame 19 years of higher education for destroying whatever was left of my vision. :(

Good eye indeed, thanks for catching it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid