ICS is here!!!

jaypee68

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Pittsburgh, PA USA here. Just got my ICS update via Samsung Kies.

Android Version: 4.04
Kernel Version: 3.1.10 se.infra@sep116 #2 AMP PREEMPT Tue Aug 7 19:16:14 KST 2012
Build Number: IMM76D.UELPL

sparty09

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone flashed the UK version before this? If so, notice any differences between the UK and the US version?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I did and I didn't know how to get the U.S. version, so I did a factory default reset. After the reset, it loaded ICS on its own. I don't think it will be of much help to you, but the U.S. version seems to run better than the U.K. did.

GrapeApe

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the kies app. How do you get download from it? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

All I did was to plug my Tab into my PC with Kies running. After it recognized it there was a pop up stating there is a update and if I would like to apply it. I did and the update started installing.

Reactions: kanizzle

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Pfft. I rooted mine on day one after the horrible touchwiz experience (Was my first time with TW) and never looked back. Who needs the ugly TW-ified ICS when you can get a reasonably stable Jellybean already?

pizza5

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
After an incredible hassle with Samsung "support" I finally wound up downloading ICS 4.04. But there seems something wrong with wifi. It keeps on scanning even when I put it next to the router and the "fan" display always stays white, never blue and yet I was able to download Chrome from Play and got it to work. What do I have to do to get it to stop scanning and stay blue?

draftpeppin

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having luck with repeatedly hitting the look for updates option under settings after they get the 'no update found'? Or does it seem like if the server doesn't want you to have it, you're just going to have to wait your turn?

I guess I could do the Kies route, but I figure it's just one more thing to mess around with and to have loaded on my PC. Tablets and phones should be advanced enough these days that they never have to be tethered to a PC for anything.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
After an incredible hassle with Samsung "support" I finally wound up downloading ICS 4.04. But there seems something wrong with wifi. It keeps on scanning even when I put it next to the router and the "fan" display always stays white, never blue and yet I was able to download Chrome from Play and got it to work. What do I have to do to get it to stop scanning and stay blue?

It will never be blue. That's how it works in ICS. If you have internet access stop freaking out about it and let it be. It's not scanning, it's connected.

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I did and I didn't know how to get the U.S. version, so I did a factory default reset. After the reset, it loaded ICS on its own. I don't think it will be of much help to you, but the U.S. version seems to run better than the U.K. did.

I just went ahead and flashed the US version over my UK ICS. I went to Sammobile and downloaded the US stock ROM. I'm really digging this flashing thing. It's so easy!
I thought I noticed a couple of differences but I could be wrong. I'm listing things that I didn't notice on the UK version.

1) kindle app
2) amazon mp3 app
3) media hub - its has some media purchasing options
4) could be others

My guess is the difference between the builds is the bundled software. Some services aren't available in the UK. I'm actually in Canada and both these ROM's work fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

You already posted this once in this thread and got an answer. Why are you spamming the thread by asking the same question over and over?

bsulla

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
No OTA update so I am trying Kies and I constantly get a message that the operation timed out. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Kies software and even made sure to check for updates to the Kies software and I am all up-to-date. This is pissing me off. I am on attempt 14 right now. 68% is as close as I have gotten.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001