ICS is here!!!

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Nj and I have the T-Mobile version,I still don't have an update. How do you go about updating through kies? I can't stand honeycomb anymore.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Download the latest version of Kies from Samsung, install it on your PC.
Next, open Kies and connect your tab via USB and see if it connects to Kies (could take a few minutes).
If you time out, or get a message that couldn't connect, reset your tab.
Then try again; it should connect.
When it does, you should get a message box saying update available (assuming an update is available for your model).
From there, follow on screen info.
This is how I wound up doing it after waiting for the OTA update to no avail.
Worked great.
Yes, it's a bit of a pain to have to reset the tab, but the good news is that ICS now
connects to Kies with no problems (you don't have to reset the tab anymore).

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I got it in NJ. I have ICS on my phone and it's great. On the tab - meh. There's not much that blows me away, except that now I can use Chrome. Maybe I'll install a new launcher. This thing could use a face lift.

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I got it in NJ. I have ICS on my phone and it's great. On the tab - meh. There's not much that blows me away, except that now I can use Chrome. Maybe I'll install a new launcher. This thing could use a face lift.

I really had no complaints with my tab on HC 3.2. Everything worked fine.
But after updating to ICS, I decided to try a different launcher. After trying several, I'm now using Nova.
Very smooth and very quick.

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I use Nova on my phone - just installed it on the tab.

Nice, isn't it?
I also downloaded a theme called Blue Gloss which can be used with Nova.
It puts the icons in a sort of glossy blue background.
Gives a uniform look, but still retains the original icon and it's colors. Really nice. Other colors are available.
It's meant for GoLauncher I think, but works with Nova (and Apex I think), so not all options work. But just the look of the app icons is really nice.
And it's a freebie!

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Nice, isn't it?
I also downloaded a theme called Blue Gloss which can be used with Nova.
It puts the icons in a sort of glossy blue background.
Gives a uniform look, but still retains the original icon and it's colors. Really nice. Other colors are available.
It's meant for GoLauncher I think, but works with Nova (and Apex I think), so not all options work. But just the look of the app icons is really nice.
And it's a freebie!

I'll take a look. I'm using a different Go theme w/ Nova on my phone - I'll try this one on the tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174