SamMobile claims they've already received OTA update to ICS!

bubbadog

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
There's a button in Odin that's labeled "PDA".
Tap that button, and you will then get a browse window.
From there, browse to where you saved the firmware file and select the file.

Exacting the info I needed. Too bad that is not in the instructions. Worked perfectly and everything works great. Thanks.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Did that too. Still nothing. How does Odin know where the firmware is? I think there may be a lot of "assumptions" that you already know what to do & how to do it.

I don't think flashing ROMS is for you since you can't seem to understand the directions. You may be better off waiting for the OTA update which should be coming soon.

bubbadog

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think flashing ROMS is for you since you can't seem to understand the directions. You may be better off waiting for the OTA update which should be coming soon.

Flashing was no problem once "all" the steps that were left out of the Odin instructions were explained. I can understand instructions if they are complete. I don't like to make assumptions on what to do next. It went very smooth and everything works fine.

PeterY125

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed the UK ICS update and everything went smoothly. Thanks to everyone for posting directions and hints, made it easy. So far it looks good.

One question I have, I don't seem to have an option for the standard Android keyboard. My options are only Samsung and Swipe. I like the standard ICS Android keyboard on my phone and was hoping to use it on my tab. Anyone know if I should have the Android keyboard as an option or if there is a way to get it? Otherwise I guess I can look for 3rd party options on the play store.

Thanks,
Peter

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I just flashed the UK ICS update and everything went smoothly. Thanks to everyone for posting directions and hints, made it easy. So far it looks good.

One question I have, I don't seem to have an option for the standard Android keyboard. My options are only Samsung and Swipe. I like the standard ICS Android keyboard on my phone and was hoping to use it on my tab. Anyone know if I should have the Android keyboard as an option or if there is a way to get it? Otherwise I guess I can look for 3rd party options on the play store.

Thanks,
Peter

For some reason they eliminated the Android keyboard.

johnnex72

May 1, 2012
Visit site
First time flashing anything (or anyone). Stock 3.2. Unrooted.
Tab is on the downloading screen, last line on tab says to press start on Odin. Odin has the yellow go-ahead box, browsed to the right file in the PDA box, hit start, series of messages, the last being "boot.img" after the firmware update start message.

Problem being it's been 35 minutes with no discernible movement on my computer or. Thanks. tab. Any suggestions? Anyone out there ?

johnnex72

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, that was easy. I just needed to plug into a different USB port. Also pressing the up button after connection with the cable PC may be important.

It's worked flawlessly today. thanks to everyone who posted info and tips.

rub2008

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I just checked for updates and it gave me the updated option. I have a 10.1 wifi 32gb tab!!!!! It's installing as we speak. The total file size is 254.01 mb.......

All right!!!!!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54