ICS upgrade - No LED notifications

anon(482205)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
After performing the manual upgrade to ICS, I no longer get any LED notifications when messages / emails arrive. The only time the LED illuminates is when charging is in progress (red) and when charging is complete (blue),

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
There's a new setting under Display called "pulse notification light". Make sure you have that checked.

4257478e-b4cd-dbbe.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

anon(482205)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Here's sort of an update:

My password at work expired late today, meaning my phone would no longer sync with MS-Exchange. When that happened , I started getting an red LED notification on my phone about every 10-15 seconds. When I checked the phone, I had a message in the notification bar telling me that it could not connect to my work email account.

I have since updated my password and can now sync with my work e-mail. However, the original problem remains; I do not receive any LED notifications for new SMS / e-mail messages.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, while I don't have a resolution for you, the notification light was often buggy during development of ICS for this phone. You may have stumbled upon another bug that wasn't found.

Did you try a battery pull and reboot? You also may want to consider a factory reset.

Also out of curiosity, do you hit the back button after a call to clear the call screen out of habit? This was a big bug during development and it took Samsung forever to fix it. At least we think they fixed it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I think a factory reset is the best way to fix a lot of the issues people are having. Thats what I did. Once the update was installed, I did a factory reset. No issues here. LED light works fine.

bluemagicx

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
what exactly does factory reset do??? I dont want to have to redo my phone all over from the day I got it! That would suck re-arranging everything.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
what exactly does factory reset do??? I dont want to have to redo my phone all over from the day I got it! That would suck re-arranging everything.

It resets phone back to when you first took out box. To be honest it fixes a lot of the issues people are having after ICS install. Thats what I did.....my phone works great....LED light, battery life and all.

anon(482205)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, I did the factory reset, losing all my data and apps, pulled the battery, and rebooted. I set up two of my email accounts and then rebooted the phone one more time. Still, I hae LED notifications.

anon(482205)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Further update: I've found that after a factory reset, I do now have LED notifications for SMS messages, but I still do not have LED notifications for e-mail messages. Not sure what esle to try.

Utah_Utes_Man

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it's coincidence or a 'fix' but i didn't have LED notifications after a factory reset either, but I noticed it started working again. Two things i did that MIGHT have helped were:
1. Toggle the led notification to off, reboot, toggle back on.
2. With SprintID, Switch back and forth between samsung and My ID (aka stock ics laumcher)
I cant test which if any of these actually helped, if it does work let me know.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm no help in this thread. I never lost notifications after the update. Good luck getting them back. If it was me though, I would try to toggle them on and off a few times, and maybe a shutdown w/ a battery pull for good measure.

systemind

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Further update: I've found that after a factory reset, I do now have LED notifications for SMS messages, but I still do not have LED notifications for e-mail messages. Not sure what esle to try.

Same here

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Take your phone to a Sprint store. They will either figure out what's wrong or give you a new phone.

Sent from...B*+ch, my $h*+ is custom!

anon(482205)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
As a stop-gap measure, I put Lightflow on the phone and that at least got my email notifications working again. However, I am going to go to the Sprint store tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions. My guess is they won't since ICS to the E4GT is so new.

systemind

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Same here

Ok so i turned off the pulse light notification setting, turned off the phone and removed the battery. Turned on the phone and turned the setting on again and im now getting email LED notifications

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok so i turned off the pulse light notification setting, turned off the phone and removed the battery. Turned on the phone and turned the setting on again and im now getting email LED notifications

Didn't work for me but thanks for the update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quartetman