If the iPhone came out for sprint, would you ditch the NS4G?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ladies and gentle men. I bring you....... last years phone.

Edit: last years phone with the year befores specs. You needed dual core to do what Android was doing with 800mzh single cores.

Last edited:

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Ladies and gentle men. I bring you....... last years phone.

Edit: last years phone with the year befores specs. You needed dual core to do what Android was doing with 800mzh single cores.

Yeah, because of the rumors that siri needed dual core, I thought it wouldn't have to use internet to transcribe, which would of been a win over Android. What a let down.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, because of the rumors that siri needed dual core, I thought it wouldn't have to use internet to transcribe, which would of been a win over Android. What a let down.

Well I was never hoping on iPhone so I'm glad. Internet to transcribe bothers me too. Hopefully Google will not drop the ball on that and realize how impractical it is. I can see some things; but, certain basic functions like navigate to, send text to: shouldn't have to go over the air and come back to do.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I like to mod my phones too much to go to the iPhone. It serves it's purpose and I'm happy for the people who want it who are with Sprint. Choice is good. The more options the better. Just isn't my cup of tea.

Label facing right

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
For me, it depends on a couple of things. If the next Nexus device is exclusive to VZW like the rumors say then I will probably get the iPhone 4 and if it has a screen bigger than 4" then I'll probably get the iPhone 4 again. Not too concerned with the OS being locked down, I'm rooted now running stock but I could honestly care less about flashing roms and what-not. I also have an iPad 2 and am loving it more and more the more I use it, so we'll see.

TLDR: I'm probably going to get the iPhone 4

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried the iPhone 4 and it didn't last more than a couple of weeks. Picked up the SGSII and realized just how much ahead Android is. And the Android builds are beginning to be more and more stable. SGSII is the most bug free Android build I have seen outside of the Nexus S4G. I have too much invested in Google services to want to switch to anything else. Sorely missed voice recognition, GPS, and widgets when I went to the iPhone. You never know how much you need/use those features until you can't.

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I work on iPhones and other smart phoens they make me a lot of money and i thank apple for making them easy to fix lol but i really could not use that os i had to use one for about a week once when i lost an android phone it was cool for about 30 min then i was bored with it you cant do what you can with an android phone like tethering and such and the lack of the back button drove me nuts lol no swipe either ugh lol i did like how it felt solid in my hand and feels well built but i would never switch to an iphone...

RIP Steve

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope! To me the iPhone is the jitterbug of smartphones :p

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Nope! To me the iPhone is the jitterbug of smartphones :p

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

If you are referring to the ease of use, then I would agree to ascertain extent, but as far as advanced technology I would say that the iPhone is well up there. To be real, there are only a handful of Android devices that are better than the new 4S that's coming out next week. IOS is awesome, but just not better than Gingerbread at the moment.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If you are referring to the ease of use, then I would agree to ascertain extent, but as far as advanced technology I would say that the iPhone is well up there. To be real, there are only a handful of Android devices that are better than the new 4S that's coming out next week. IOS is awesome, but just not better than Gingerbread at the moment.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

You could probably say about 80% of devices are sub par to 4s. However, I'd say all are except for the Nexus line. I only say that because I'll never buy another manufacturer owned device again; and, any iPhone will have software support far past those other Android devices.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
You could probably say about 80% of devices are sub par to 4s. However, I'd say all are except for the Nexus line. I only say that because I'll never buy another manufacturer owned device again; and, any iPhone will have software support far past those other Android devices.

I agree with you on the Nexus line being better. I loved my iPhones, but this last time just didn't cut it. There were too many features missing. And for the first time I found that there were apps I used on Android that weren't available on IOS. They were Google apps, but nonetheless, I couldn't get them on IOS.

sent from my EPIC TOUCH 4G, GALAXY SII

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Just got an iPad from work, and I love it. So I'm considering making the switch, if fir no other reason than to keep from having 2 different OS's.

I'm kind of past the need to tinker with my phone. The main things holding me back are that I want to see iCloud in practice, and I've heard that turn-by-turn nav is pretty clunky on iOS.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got an iPad from work, and I love it. So I'm considering making the switch, if fir no other reason than to keep from having 2 different OS's.

I'm kind of past the need to tinker with my phone. The main things holding me back are that I want to see iCloud in practice, and I've heard that turn-by-turn nav is pretty clunky on iOS.

agree with you there. The iPad is pretty badass. However, I'm staying with the nexus line for at least the next year or so. So I will rock the Ipad and the Nexus together. I really only use the ipad on trips and couch time, but Android is just too awesome to give up all together. While I like the nexus better than the iphone, I feel that the android tabs can't even come close to competing with the iPad. Just my opinion...but the iPad is in a league of its own.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

The iPhone is getting turn-by-turn navigation? I didn't know that. With my iPhone 4, I had to use Google Maps and it wasn't very intuitive.

sent from my EPIC TOUCH 4G, GALAXY SII

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, the apple phone I had, the 3G got upgraded into a brick. I plugged the thing into Tunes and said I had to update. I did and the thing practically turned into a paper-weight. It took 15 to 20 seconds to close a screen to go into another app. Pathetic. So apple had three phones, the 3g, the 3gs and the new 4 to make sure this ran on and they couldn't even do that.

Whatever. You stick to apple, I'll stick to android.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the apple phone I had, the 3G got upgraded into a brick. I plugged the thing into Tunes and said I had to update. I did and the thing practically turned into a paper-weight. It took 15 to 20 seconds to close a screen to go into another app. Pathetic. So apple had three phones, the 3g, the 3gs and the new 4 to make sure this ran on and they couldn't even do that.

Whatever. You stick to apple, I'll stick to android.

L O L! Did you tell ME to stick to apple? AHAHAHAHAHAHA:

NOT: Making an iMac useful - YouTube

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe