If the iPhone came out for sprint, would you ditch the NS4G?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I wanna see phones like computers. Obviously Apple will always come on it's own hardware; but, why are all phones "appled" out like that.

You should be able to buy whatever phone you want, like a pc, and put whatever you want on it for any carrier.

Obviously most computers come with Windows; but, you could build your own and never have windows touch it. Since it would be a little different trying to build your own phone: they should put out blank phones to put what OS you want on it; and, have a universal way of installing the radios for that device for the carrier your going to; or, the carriers would do that as you put it on/switched carriers.

That's true openness.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I wanna see phones like computers. Obviously Apple will always come on it's own hardware; but, why are all phones "appled" out like that.

You should be able to buy whatever phone you want, like a pc, and put whatever you want on it for any carrier.

Obviously most computers come with Windows; but, you could build your own and never have windows touch it. Since it would be a little different trying to build your own phone: they should put out blank phones to put what OS you want on it; and, have a universal way of installing the radios for that device for the carrier your going to; or, the carriers would do that as you put it on/switched carriers.

That's true openness.

That makes too much sense.

sent from my EPIC TOUCH 4G, GALAXY SII

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
That makes too much sense.

sent from my EPIC TOUCH 4G, GALAXY SII

If there's anything I've learned in life it's that sense doesn't make any.

Seriously though. I probably would have skipped the Nexus and gotten the Epic 4g Touch if I could just have installed pure Android straight from Google and have Sprint flash the proper radios.

Sure, Samsung didn't really lose out there since their both Samsung devices; but, what about the people who like the Evo 3D; but, didn't want sense? (Yea, you can root so it gives us something; but, I if I could have vanilla android "natively" I would have gotten the Epic Touch instead.

I would assume making one device would cut costs of making; and, increase profits. Each company would come out with it's device each year. It would be blank. Used on any carrier. The company would then make it's own OS if it wished too; and, give it to the carrier to tweak. Like they do now. However, you wouldn't need to run that OS if you didn't want to. You could run pure Android. Obviously, maybe: the OS from the company/carriers would have small insensitive for you to use them over stock. Or, some sort of feature for the average user that would make them want a certain carrier.

Maybe it doesn't make sense because the average user is just buying the phone as advertised with it's special features; and, has no idea what Android really. Maybe it makes the more money this way. I would like the see an option though on their devices they sell.

bxborn31

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had an iPhone for 3 years. Ditched my 4 for the GS2. I could never go back to the tiny baby screen again. GS2 > 4S

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had an iPhone for 3 years. Ditched my 4 for the GS2. I could never go back to the tiny baby screen again. GS2 > 4S

That's another thing I hate about the iPhone. They should offer 2 versions every year. For example: iPhone 4 is 3 inch screen; or, whatever they feel like for that year; and, iPhone 4s should be at LEAST a 4inch display. Then there second year round can be the iPhone 4+ and 4s+.

Just to show you too: they went with HSPA+. That's last years fake 4g. They could have at least put WiMax in the Sprint one if we were going faux-G.

3 inch screen is gross. I might as well go a little smaller and get a keyboard with a BB. I ditched my iPhone 1 for the Blackberry and loved it that much more.

Unless, and even this I don't think I would do, Microsoft pushes out pocket PC's. Taking Windows 8 since they'll run on ARM CPU's and putting it on a phone. HDMI out. Your phone is lap top. That would be cool. But they'd have to some how get a large USB on there. I guess we could sub bluetooth keyboards instead.

But no, seriously, who would want anything less than windows on a tab? Just saying. ;).

Android for (it's) life!. But the tabs are just asininely redundant to my phone.

Reactions: bxborn31

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Judging by the Sprint site, it looks as though it'll have Telenav.

I'm gonna keep running spin offs of my original quote of:

"Apple redefining yesterdays technology at tomorrow's prices".

Today's is:

Apple, prices from the future; technology from Android's past.

Haven't nextel flip phones had turn by turn for a while now? L O L!

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna keep running spin offs of my original quote of:

"Apple redefining yesterdays technology at tomorrow's prices".

Today's is:

Apple, prices from the future; technology from Android's past.

Haven't nextel flip phones had turn by turn for a while now? L O L!

It's true that nav isn't anything new, but that wasn't my point. It was simply that the lack of nav would be a deal-breaker in moving to iOS.

I'm not really concerned with The Apple vs Android fanboy wars. I want a phone that meets my needs.... The Nexus S does that, and I imagine that the iPhone would as well.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It's true that nav isn't anything new, but that wasn't my point. It was simply that the lack of nav would be a deal-breaker in moving to iOS.

I'm not really concerned with The Apple vs Android fanboy wars. I want a phone that meets my needs.... The Nexus S does that, and I imagine that the iPhone would as well.

Both are excellent phones; and, both will do everything the other does ultimately. But, Android is always rolling out new things every other month. Even if they don't work or last.

There's really nothing wrong the iPhone as of iOS5. But I hate the way it looks and like to be free. I hate Apple. Computers. Notebooks. Etc. iPhone is the only reasonable thing they have.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
i read a couple of comments above - I love my Ipad2 as well as my Nexus. I had a netbook, then Ipad, tried a tablet - nothing but a glorified large phone and not as smooth - so went back to Ipad2.

It is the smoothest and best out there - but it is like a computer, useful, does everything, and not customizable. But the best at what it does.

But I would like like this on a phone. It cannot be organized how I like, tweaked when I'm bored, and having had that fun, I would be bored very fast. It is wonderful for the masses, but since we are on these forums, many are pushing the edges, I learn as I go, and I enjoy it. Somewhat of a hobby.

So I also never own another carrier phone again, but will continue to enjoy the best of both worlds while getting done what I need.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

The miniture screen is just one of the issues:

25 Features Still Missing From the iPhone 4S

When you make one device, you can optimize code for that exact hardware. That's how Apple can run so well on a n 800MHz CPU.

But you end up optimized on one size display...with one required keyboard...

And stuck with hardware from 2007. You can optimize the CPU all you want to but the 3.5" display is only for people with tiny hands.

Steve Jobs was amazing but there were two problems. He had very little fingers and he demanded that the iPhone be designed just for him.

If you have hands small enough, the iPhone is something to consider...

...if you can give up the other 24 features...