*In Store Corporate Discount - Please Read *

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I bypassed my pre-order at BBY and was in and out of VZ in 45min. Phone + screen protectors + case + car charger = $265.

That's on a 25% off accessories and 20% of plan w/ my corp discount code.

And I just found out that when I did the same order with my corporate discount the total came out to $240 so I got charged $25 more. Now I have to go back to VZ and show them the online summary so I can get my money back:mad:

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I got it for 199.99 at my VZW Corporate Store without having to show them a thing. And they were selling TBs like hotcakes - in the 40 minutes I was there 5 were sold.

bug_monster

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Everyone at the store I went to was getting the $199 price (10 of us lined up at opening). Unfortunately the $50 off wasn't being given on the 1-year contract - that was still $329. I was planning on doing the 1-year, but couldn't pass up the extra $50.

XStroX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Combining Corporate and NE2??

Just got back from getting my new Thunderbolt! I have one concern though. They told me I could not combine a NE2 credit ($100) with a corporate discount and that I also couldn't use a NE2 on a 1 year contract. Is that correct? That left me with the option of $149/2year using my NE2 or $229/1year using corporate discount. Not quite the $129/1year I was hoping for by combining the two!

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a corporate account, and get 20% off my plan and 25% off accessories. I have never received discounts on handsets.

I talked customer care in to giving me an early upgrade, but it rang up at $249. They got my upgrade date pulled ahead a few months, so I wont complain about the price.

XStroX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Someone out there has to know if they are technically allowed to combine discounts or not. It sure seems like I'm seeing reports of it being done in other threads but not sure if they just got lucky or not.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
"The" corp discount? Only applies if your company has a negotiated rate.

So I have to be employed at a specific corporation to get the discount? I didn't realize so many AC members belonged to big corporations. It seems like many people are getting the discount.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
That was what I was told too. However when I showed them the price I was getting online of $149, they overrode the system

brb198#AC

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Adding corporate discount after the fact ($229 instead of $319)

Just hopped on my corporate benefits website and saw I can get the bolt under 1 year for the corporate rate. Is it worth calling verizon to see if I can have this added? I booked my order this morning before I got to work (already shipped).

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
So I have to be employed at a specific corporation to get the discount? I didn't realize so many AC members belonged to big corporations. It seems like many people are getting the discount.

Yea, I would assume most people have an employer that participates in a wireless discount program. Mine is 20% off monthly charges, but until now I hadn't seen them get special pricing on stuff like new phones.

brb198#AC

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
will they be able to give me the discount? What information will they need? I just need a little prep before I give them a call... What are my chances!?!? This would make me really sad if I get ripped for $90!

Kimmy71

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I was showing the $199 rate this morning in my cart online. I printed out the screenshot and brought it to my local VZW and he said he could not match the price. Showed the other rep too and they both said how they hated when VZW did stuff like that online because they couldnt match it in the store. Anyway, I made my purchase at the $249 minus my NE2 of $50. Afterwards I called 611 and explained to her that they would not give me the $199 at the store and she gave me the $50 difference as a credit to my bill. Works for me :)

sammy303

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
i feel like i was just probably scammed by the verizon rep....
so I went to buy the phone and they asked me if i wanted a case, etc. I said no I did not need anything extra. The guy then goes to ring me out and says that because I am a corporate account I get 3 accessories up to a total of $49 free with the purchase. I asked him to just give me the phone for 199 and he said he cannot and that i just get the free accessories. What I think he did, was just took the $50 from the phone discount and used it for accessories I did not want to help with store sales on attachments or maybe commission.

Maybe I am wrong, this just seems really shady.

Yep, you did. Look at your receipt though - should be on there. I would go back and talk to the store manager and tell him/her what happened. If you don't want the accessories, you should be able to return them and get your $50 back.

empinball

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I was showing the $199 rate this morning in my cart online. I printed out the screenshot and brought it to my local VZW and he said he could not match the price. Showed the other rep too and they both said how they hated when VZW did stuff like that online because they couldnt match it in the store. Anyway, I made my purchase at the $249 minus my NE2 of $50. Afterwards I called 611 and explained to her that they would not give me the $199 at the store and she gave me the $50 difference as a credit to my bill. Works for me :)

Thanks for the awesome advice!!!

Had my wife pick up the phone for me today and they told her it was $249. I sent her a picture of my online quote of $199-50 NE2 and she showed it to the guy. He got on the phone with me and asked what web site the photo was from. Told him vzw.com but he didn't believe me. He then logged on and said it's showed $199 but the only way I could get the NE2 would be to order on line.

I hope my call to 611 is as successful as yours, I'd be thrilled with a with a $50
credit.

Kimmy71

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the awesome advice!!!

Had my wife pick up the phone for me today and they told her it was $249. I sent her a picture of my online quote of $199-50 NE2 and she showed it to the guy. He got on the phone with me and asked what web site the photo was from. Told him vzw.com but he didn't believe me. He then logged on and said it's showed $199 but the only way I could get the NE2 would be to order on line.

I hope my call to 611 is as successful as yours, I'd be thrilled with a with a $50
credit.

Good Luck! :)

66dude

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
After a quick review, I didn't see this noted in any threads specifically so I wanted to address it for everyone. I noticed that a lot of people this morning were seeing the phone at an actually lower price than they expected. Instead of $249.99, it was $199.99 with the two year contract. Some people were questioning why that was the case and if it works in-store.

Short Answer: Yes, it does.

But basically I want to tell you what happened for me. I should note that I was very courteous and nice the whole time. I didn't push or anything, and you shouldn't either. I noticed that the phone had an extra discount when I looked at the upgrade price online. It was 199, with my NE2 bringing it down to 150. I went to the store and had to sign in to the queue. I played with an ipad2, and I brought up my account info. When the sales person came to me, I showed her the discrepancy and wondered if it would work in-store. She didn't know, so she checked. She only saw the NE2 credit, but a manager was with her and agreed that it was a corporate discount that wasn't in their system yet, so he approved and I ended up, after my $50 credit, paying 149.99 for the phone.

So I just wanted you to all know this, in case you were hesitant to go into the store and figured to just order online instead because of the price. Again, this is only for people with corporate discounts, who actually saw the discount online.

I hope this helps at least a few of you!

Crap... wish I knew about this before I ordered online :( Oh well, I will get it tomorrow afternoon anyway. My wife graciously offered to sign for the package when it comes in because I won't be in any one place for the next few business days to accept the package!

empinball

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well I called 611 and spoke to the CSR regarding people receiving the NE2 discount on top of the $199 promo pricing. She looked up in the system and the lowest online price she had listed was $249 and that my NE2 brought the phone down to $199. You guys who doubled up got a sweet deal at $149, congratulations....now I'm going to charge up and activate my phone. I'm sure when it fires up for the first time my frustration over missing out on the $50 bonus will evaporate into thin Thunder filled air:)